cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 841 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Well, a human eventually came online in the chatbot window, and we went through it in some detail - some two hours after I opened it. It seems that the login error was cleared while I was waiting, but he gave me an incident number and raised a complaint on my behalf - I've saved the numbers, and we'll see what happens. The one thing he wouldn't do is to decode that error number bmx_2008, so I'm still in the dark on that one.

0 Ratings
Message 842 of 952

@chrisgore wrote:

Perhaps this could be added as well:  It is difficult if not impossible to see what each reply on this forum is a reply to.  The earlier poster might be mentioned by name but why as in other forums is the post being replied to not quoted?

Your mention about the forum "reply" function is not an email problem so it would not be dealt with by adding it to any list of email problems.

The reason that the reply to is not showing a quote of what is being replied to is because the person replying is not using the "quote" function found in the menu bar by clicking on the 3 small dots to expand the menu. 

Like other frequent users of the forum I think that this function should be available without having to expand the menu and this has been raised previously with the moderators. 

If you want to find your previous posts just click on your username the "view profile". It may help to find the post you are looking for if you replied to it.

0 Ratings
Message 843 of 952

@RichardHaselgrove 

The moderators posted at 9.49am that there was a problem with the log on in message 18 of this thread 

Logging in to email - BT Community

and a subsequent message that the problem had been resolved at 11.30am in message 52.

0 Ratings
Message 844 of 952

Yes, and I posted, with the error number, at 09:14. I opened the chatbot window at 09:19
0 Ratings
Message 845 of 952

@RichardHaselgrove 

I don't see any post of yours in the thread I linked to.

0 Ratings
Message 846 of 952

Email is back.

0 Ratings
Message 847 of 952

thanks @gg30340 you clearly know what you are doing as you quoted part of my comment.

and as you say the quote facility is effectively well and truly hidden on what looks to be a style tool bar.  Whoever designed this is simply too clever by half and I doubt it ever saw much End User Testing as can be said for the email downgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 848 of 952

If I write some text in a new email I can bold, italicise or underline it.

If I cut and paste I can bold and underline, but not italicise. It says it's in italics, but not displayed as. Even when forwarded.

Please try.

0 Ratings
Message 849 of 952

@SouthWest1 wrote:

If I write some text in a new email I can bold, italicise or underline it.

If I cut and paste I can bold and underline, but not italicise. It says it's in italics, but not displayed as. Even when forwarded.

Please try.

Just tried it and using Edge, Firefox and Chrome I can cut and paste and use the bold, underline and italicise individually or all together.

0 Ratings
Message 850 of 952

Try with pasting your line of text above.
0 Ratings