cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 641 of 952

Re: Problems with the New BT email when drafting replies to emails

"I have to ask the question as to why "liquorice" is even on this forum, when all he/she does is write unpleasant & mostly unhelpful comments. "  I agree entirely. This is someone who seems to have a strong wish to police this forum and whose comments are unhelpful and whose tone is unpleasant. In fact having for the first time sampled this forum today I am now giving up on it as I have no confidence in its moderator. Goodbye "BT Community" and (when my contract runs out) goodbye BT. All I want is BT email is at it was before the recent "improvement" and plainly this isn't going to happen.

0 Ratings
Message 642 of 952

Please, do you have the time to tell us what key features we will benefit from by not using webmail? TIA
0 Ratings
Message 643 of 952

Not having to suffer the 64 pages of complaints that have been posted regarding the current webmail offering. Stability of user interface, not being tinkered with endlessly.

Message 644 of 952

I think you do try to help. I took your advice and now use EM client and am very happy with it but I pay for Which IT support and they sorted it out for me. I wouldn't have been able to do it myself so for some it isn't an easy fix. I remember when I paid for BT tech experts for any IT problems and the service was exceptional. I really miss them.
Message 645 of 952

Re: Latest incarnation of BT Webmail. Jeez, this is BAD

@DISRUPTED- as has been mentioned several times, you can change the 'Auto Save Draft' to the maximum 5 minutes (default 1 minute) that will make 'most' of you email compostion cursor jumping issues go away, unless you are composing a long one/making a brew!

Thank you, however:

1. I am often composing long messages or dealing with interruptions

2. Given the general unreliability of BT Webmail I feel that extending the auto-save time simply increases the risk of work vanishing into the ether and negates the very point of auto-save

3. I propose that it is reasonable for users (particularly long term paying customers) to expect the service to work satisfactorily without continually having to  effect work-arounds

Message 646 of 952

licquorice That information has been posted countless times on the forum, but of course nobody bothers to read.

Might that be because there are now over 600 posts as a result of this 'upgrade' and, frankly, not many have enough spare time to trawl through them all (the search function here not being wonderful either...)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 647 of 952

Unfortunately its a catch 22, nobody reads because it is too long and it is too long because nobody reads.

0 Ratings
Message 648 of 952

licquorice Unfortunately its a catch 22, nobody reads because it is too long and it is too long because nobody reads.

Neither would need to be the case if we were provided with web-mail that worked properly rather than being used as guinea-pigs for..., well, I was going to type "beta testing" but I'm not really sure it's that advanced!

(Anyone know what comes before alpha?)

Message 649 of 952

Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

I have to say I am very unhappy with the new format for the emails (as used on my PC)

I have been with BT over 30 years and this new format and user experience seems a big backward step to me.

Do other agree or am I the odd one out?

I dont wish to raise an issue if I am out of step with the community and it is subjective (there is no fault as such and I can send emails, I just dont enjoy the experience now)

Might it be changed back or is it a case of lump it?

Message 650 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?