Message 71 of 141

Re: Email disconnections have returned

@PaddyB 

I have replied to your PM, thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 141

Still having the issue. Chrome browser. 

Would be useful to know what needs to be done if the Email Team reckon it has been fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 141

I rarely use webmail but I certainly don't have  a logging off problem with "Thunderbird" (Mozilla Thunderbird) which I use all day long  for my two main email addresses one of which is a BT one. Thunderbird requires a log in each morning when I turn on the computer for each email address which is no problem and part of my morning routine.  I don't know if I am logged out in the day as do not send many emails using the BT email address however, so I suppose this accessing via Thunderbird rather than webmail on the BT site etc might just be a red herring and no use to anyone.

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 141

@Jane2018wrote:

I rarely use webmail but I certainly don't have  a logging off problem with "Thunderbird" (Mozilla Thunderbird) which I use all day long  for my two main email addresses one of which is a BT one. Thunderbird requires a log in each morning when I turn on the computer for each email address which is no problem and part of my morning routine.  I don't know if I am logged out in the day as do not send many emails using the BT email address however, so I suppose this accessing via Thunderbird rather than webmail on the BT site etc might just be a red herring and no use to anyone.

Thunderbird is an email, 'client' like MS Outlook. This logging off issue has only ever effected WebMail...

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 141

Thanks. So I suppose if people wanted just to move to something like Thunderbird they could avoid the logging off problem so in that sense it is a kind of solution. I find Thunderbird quite useful as both my email addresses including the BT one come in to the same screen all day long.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 141

@Jane2018wrote:

Thanks. So I suppose if people wanted just to move to something like Thunderbird they could avoid the logging off problem so in that sense it is a kind of solution. I find Thunderbird quite useful as both my email addresses including the BT one come in to the same screen all day long.

It's not a solution for many, who WebMail is the ideal way to access their emails from multiple devices/locations, like me. We shouldn't have to 'avoid' the problem, our supplier should not have introduced the problem in the 1st place...

Message 77 of 141

@IMacDwrote:

Still having the issue. Chrome browser. 

Would be useful to know what needs to be done if the Email Team reckon it has been fixed.

I second this, I'm still being logged out rather too frequently. If a fix has been applied, what do we need to do to "activate" it? What cookies do we need to clear/delete or what settings must we change? @PaddyB, are you able to clarify please? 

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 141

17 days ago I was told by BT via chat that I'd be looking at 7-10 days for a fix. Just logged in for the 3rd time since 3 p.m. this afternoon. Going well. I'm at the point where I can't even be bothered to report it again as this has been happening to me since mid September & I think the longest I've gone without having to sign is a couple of days. 

The webmail platform is clearly unfit for purpose. I worked for a major UK company for over 30 years & spent about 10 of those years in a role dealing with their online presence. You wouldn't believe how much work goes on behind the scenes ensuring that updates are tested BEFORE they are live. This was a company whose business was NOTHING to do with telecommunications. BT - one of their reasons for existing is as a provider of internet services including webmail. How can you not even get this simple problem resolved????

Message 79 of 141

They don't even deal with queries. They just keep closing mine as sorted, without even dealing with it

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 141

Mods - @DavidM , @JohnC2@PaddyB - is there an update yet? I'm still being timed out/logged out/disconnected once a day as a rule, sometimes twice a day,  sometimes not for two days. Clearing cookies does not help.