cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

Hi Everyone, please accept my apologies, we're still monitoring the situation and investigating the small number of cases of customers being logged out.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 167

@MNarshall

This isn't doing BT's reputation any good!  It's the randomness of it all that irritates me.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 167

In the last 15 minutes, I have been 'logged out' 5 times with 2 x email addresses, one in a private browser, worse than ever! The last time I caught a pop up for about a second which said something to the effect, 'current operation is being aborted'.

Don't they test a 'fix' before unleashing it on us poor sods that pay for the service?

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 167

I wonder what is causing your problem. I have stayed logged in for hours without any issues - not logged out once.  Without wanting to repeat any other comments - have you tried private mode or other browsers? Might be worth a go if not...

Roger

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 167

@Froggy_Lady  It is indeed frustrating and it sounds as though you are impacted even more than I am - hope it's resolved soon.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 167

@rogerdee 

Hi Roger

You don't know how lucky you are!  Nearly everyone else on this forum is complaining.  Today, it has been even worse for me, having to log in numerous times.  It doesn't even help when you tick the "keep me logged in" box.

As other posters have commented, it is no use switching to another browser.  The fault lies with BT, not with their customers.  And anyway, why should I?  I'm very happy with Firefox on Windows 11.

It's about time BT got to the root of the problem, caused by them introducing the new login system without checking for possible glitches.  It's also not good enough one of the moderators apologising.  We want to see some action.

Froggy_Lady

Message 47 of 167

@Sue036 

Hi Sue

It is indeed very frustrating.  I thought at first it was just me experiencing the shutdowns.  So it was gratifying in a way, when I discovered this forum, to find I was one among many.  BT seem to be dragging their heels in finding a solution.

As I commented to Roger, we don't want apologies from the moderators.  We want action.

Froggy_Lady

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 167

@rogerdeewrote:

...  Without wanting to repeat any other comments - have you tried private mode or other browsers? Might be worth a go if not...

Roger

It always so amusing when someone tosses in a suggestion, which, if they'd read even a few posts, would realise the futility as they have already been done, numerous times LOL 🤣 I know you mean well, but really...

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 167

No you are not alone. What is BT Mail doing about this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 167

I have exactly the same setup and it is driving us mad! We cannot send emails at all from the PC. Any views from BT as to what to do?
0 Ratings