cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Emails have disappeared

Most of my computer use is via my windows desktop and windows laptop.

But yes, I have an Iphone 11 which I mainly use for viewing and sending emails.

Do you think that this may have something to do with the lost emails?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

FergusonFolly, when this issue arose before BT blamed Apple Mail Clients which I found odd. Told me I shouldn't use an Apple mail client for viewing emails. I found that somewhat bizarre given there is advice on here on how to set up BT email on email clients. 

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin... 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@stoneysnapper wrote:

FergusonFolly, when this issue arose before BT blamed Apple Mail Clients which I found odd. Told me I shouldn't use an Apple mail client for viewing emails. I found that somewhat bizarre given there is advice on here on how to set up BT email on email clients. 

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin... 

When this has happened before and BT investigated via the moderators, as far as I can recall in virtually every instance the deletion of the emails was triggered by an Apple device.

Message 14 of 19

I lost a whole batch of emails today. 

I also wondered if a backup of emails that haven't disappeared can be made to my Windows desktop.

Is there another way of backing up historic emails?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Simply use a mail client (app) and store them on your device to be backed up with your regular backup regime.

Message 16 of 19

@Fergusonsfolly

There is no need to use the link that you have posted and in fact I would suggest that unless you are 100% sure that it is not or does not contain malware I would suggest that you delete the link from your post.

The best way to back up your email is to do as suggested by licquorice and that is to use an email client.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

The same has happened to me. I have set up my mail as iMAP on my notebook on MS Outlook. I use my iPhone 12 to view E-Mail.
On 30 November 2023 I changed my BT password to access E-Mail via BT Webmail. Since then I can only see last 5 days E-Mails. Lost over 100 E-Mails with attachments. Same on iPhone and iPad. However E-Mails that I had saved previously to Archive folders are all there. I am waiting on call from BT tech people. I will post later if they are of any help. Spoke to E-Mail Help Desk and they advised to change to POP account. I don't think so!!!
Message 18 of 19

That's odd they would advise that, their setup advice is to use imap. I spoke to someone this morning who is going to escalate it for me but I'm not holding out any hope. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Me neither
0 Ratings