cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Locked out of email

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue - it’s a complete disaster. I travel regularly for business and can’t rely on being able to access emails. I end up in a two factor authentication loop that never ends. The system doesn’t remember my devices, asks me where to send authorisation codes, then when I have done all that, and when I try to log into webmail (which at one point BT advised me to do whilst travelling) it sends me back and asks me to log in on with my BT ID which restarts the whole process. It’s a complete nonsense. I only re-contracted my very expensive broadband with BT to ensure continuity of my email, but what I am receiving is continuity of problems!!

I also don't know what to do. I have been told that “the BT email is only really for use in the UK” by a helpful operator from the support team. How can BT purport to be a global business if it can’t get email to work!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Locked out of email

Go to solution

Hi @StephenCR

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having logging into your email address.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

EXACTLY the same with me!! I reported this on another string a few days ago. I am travelling and none of my logins work so my emails won’t download to Mail apps ( iPhone Mail or OR BlueMail) OR more distressingly webmail. 

this happened to me a few years ago with the last major upgrade and it took months to sort 

hiwever URGENTLY need help as I need my travel documentation!!!

I can’t use my emails so Joe on earth do I contact you URGENT!! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Why as a moderator did you not respond to my urgent message about loss of emails? You responded to StephenCR
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@LOSTit1 

Perhaps if you had replied to the posts that are on your original thread your problem may have been resolved by now.

Re: BT E Mail not working - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Can you send me these details too, I use a vpn and browser spoofing for my own security but BT keeps tell me suspicious activity, even though I have verified my account more than once, you still won't leave me alone, bugging me about suspicious activity.  I have verified the account by phone and another email address, why do I keep having this issue.

0 Ratings