cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 56

Re: New BT Email - Can't log out

Go to solution

You would need to go through all the cookies and just delete the BT ones.

In Edge Go to settings  > Cookies and Permissions > Cookies and site data > See all cookies and site data > scroll down to BT.com

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 56

Go to solution

@radclifm wrote:
 Do you have any idea what could have caused the problem?

BT messing about with things unaware of the consequences of their actions.

Message 13 of 56

Go to solution
Can u raise this with BT please? I've worked in IT for over 40 years and what you asked me to do is second nature to me. Others may have problems with this solution.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 56

Go to solution

It has already been reported on the forum.

Webmail migration update - BT Community

Message 15 of 56

Go to solution
Thanks for your help!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 56

Go to solution

BT, of course, cannot help!

Over an hour last night on Message before anyone replied yet waiting time was supposed to be up to 35 minutes. Didn't phone me when free as requested, then shut down time arrived. NO HELP!

Today, phoned BT and quite quickly got a 'guide'. She was very helpful and suggested I delete my saved password, which I did, shut down and opened my PC again only to find the same problem. Apparently guides are not trained to deal with the permanent sign out feature!

I then set my other account up on my ipad, but it has not synchronised the contacts list across. I need to send out nearly 100 notifications of a meeting, but cannot do so. Next I'll try my husband's laptop!

Good old BT change to another crappy email then don't train staff to deal with problems - constant error messages when I try to move or delete stuff! It has also lost several of my saved folders!

Any advice greatly received. I am using Windows 8.1 and Chrome.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 56

Go to solution
If I was the CEO of BT and using the new BT email there are so many bugs in it I'd have fired someone by now.
It's a cookies bug in new BT email . Fixing it is a bit fiddly, and it comes back again after a few days. If you're on Windows 8.1 and Chrome browser I wouldn't know how to fix it. You have to delete cookies start with the letter BT. Note this, your security is at risk: " after January 10, 2023, your computer running Windows 8.1 will no longer receive security updates. In addition, Microsoft customer service will no longer be available to provide Windows 8.1 technical support."
Message 18 of 56

Go to solution
Expect BT board all use gmail for everything but work....
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 56

Go to solution

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Funnily enough, the girl I spoke to yesterday am got back to me again last night as he was following up my chat from the night before not realising it was the same problem and person - me - that she had dealt with before.  I recognised her almost immediately. Anyway, she spoke to her supervisor who could not help as they are not trained to go into the account and fix the problem. I am now going to upgrade to Win 10, against my better judgement and try again.

Grandma Swagg x

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 56

Go to solution
It will probably go wrong on Win 10 as well, if not immediately wrong, but in the passage of time. This is a bug in the new BT email, it should be fixed by BT
0 Ratings