cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 56

Re: New BT Email - Can't log out

Go to solution
Many thanks, I totally agree and have said that to BT. Just checking my PC to see if compatible with 10 before shelling out £150!
Grandma Swagg
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 56

Go to solution

I get same problem with Firefox so it is BT at fault not the browser.

Given BTs incompetance suspect it won't be fixed any time soon 😞

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 56

Go to solution
On to the complaints number now but certainly not dealing with that team, but wont accept it is their problem - hanging on! Thanks GS
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 56

Go to solution

I am on Windows 11 so problem is not due to using old OS.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 56

Go to solution

Yes, and I'm getting it with the Microsoft Edge Browser on both Windows 10 and Windows 11. You can fix it by deleting the BT cookies, but in my experience, it starts happening again a few days later.

It's a security problem as well, if anyone gets access to your PC/laptop they can get into your emails without knowing your email address and password. (Bet the BT CEO would love that!).

It's one of many bugs in new BT email, they should roll it back to the previous version, fix the bugs, and test it properly with intensive use over weeks/months before rolling it out again.

I can imagine the scenario: BT CEO rings support to say the sign off doesn't work properly. ("It's alright sir, all you have to do is go into settings, find cookies....." 😉

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 56

Go to solution
Thanks, I have mentioned Firefox to them, but off the phone now, so can't mention 11, but will do if the next techie phones in the next 48 hours as registered now as a complaint. Will take it further if need be. Thanks, GS x
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 56

Go to solution

Did you read all this thread and do as sugged in the post marked as the solution?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 56

Go to solution
Thanks, I did do that, but still not working, deleted passwords yesterday as suggested by BT guide, no difference. I ended up using my husband's laptop to get into my alternative email as his works - he never stays signed in, so no lock on it. GS
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 56

Go to solution

Tried that but still keeps me logged in. Thanks. As now raised as a complaint, perhaps they will do something! GS

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 56

Go to solution
Not using Edge, Win 8.1, thanks. GS
0 Ratings