cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: 554 Message rejected for policy reasons

Go to solution

Hi @dshamilt if your IP is block listed then this will be a contributing factor in the spam filters not allowing the email through.  We are not able to request other ISP's IP addresses to be removed from block lists but they will be able to do so. I would recommend raising this through your ISP and Gmail as I don't believe it to be a BT issue as our filters are working as intended when an IP address has been blocked. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Just now, from the same laptop, on the same IP address, i can successfully email BTinternet accounts,  using a different gmail address.

For some reason the problem is just with this single gmail address (linked to this forum account).   

So that rules out it being a problem with my ISP or any other wifi network i've already tested this with.

The problem is with this specific gmail address

Please can you check BT spam filters for this email address ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Sorry to jump in on this but as this was my thread originally that I started and I have an interest in others experiencing the same problem (and I don't want to experience it again myself!).  

@dshamilt  is having the EXACT same problem as I had and which you fixed by contacting btinternet.com admins (or maybe some other third party organisation) to remove my gmail address from a spam filter/list.

My problem (and @dshamilt 's) had nothing to do with IP addresses.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @molar59 thanks for posting, your IP address wasn't listed on the blocklist however @dshamilt has confirmed theirs is, this is the difference and will need to be addressed by the broadband provider who owns the IP range. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

But i've just emailed BTinternet.com from a different gmail account which went through fine.  (from the exact same IP)

If i test this from a random coffee shop (or anywhere) IP that has no issues,  and have the same problem.  Will you then please check the spam filters for my email address ?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

@dshamilt wrote:

Hi there,

i'm also sending a single email to a single BTinternet address from a gmail account]

thank you

Has the BT email address recipient checked their blocked senders list to ensure that your gmail email address is not in their blocked list?

To do that they need to log onto their BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on their username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete".

Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

I'll double check,  but i don't think it's that,  as i'm getting kick backs from every @BTInternet.com address i try to send to.   Including the postmaster one

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@dshamilt wrote:

I'll double check,  but i don't think it's that,  as i'm getting kick backs from every @BTInternet.com address i try to send to.   Including the postmaster one

You mentioned more than once it was from the same BT email address. Are you now saying it is every BT email address that you send to?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

I've now tested this from a Wifi network (at my workplace) that has no issues on the blocked list on https://check.spamhaus.org/

I'm getting the exact same problem as described above and originally. 

This is a problem with my gmail email address being blocked by BTInternet.

Please can you now check the BTInternet Spam filters or any other blocked lists for my email address.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

@dshamilt thanks for confirming that, I'll send you a private message in a moment as we'll need to know the BT email address your sending to.

Neil