cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

I did make mention of the facts in my latest comment regarding the alphabetical order of the contact list. However, I have subsequently received a reply informing me the contact list is alphabetical. That was not my gripe. I agree the contact list alphabetical, however, when sending an email to multiple people, when the CC or BCC boxes are clicked and the address book drops down, that address book/contact list, is totally random and NOT alphabetical. In all address books I have used in numerous places around the world, all have been alphabetical when sending emails when the CC and BCC boxes are highlighted.

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 98

Go to solution

Did you check how your contacts are listed and that all the name fields ie first name and last name are completed. You can do this by clicking on the contact then click on the edit button to show the full details for the contact.

If you do not have any thing in the first name field and you have selected the order to be alphabetically by first name it will display the contacts but any that do not have the first name field completed it will use the contact's email address in the alphabetical listing.

This is also the case if the contact's last name is not entered into the contacts last name field and you have selected to show the list alphabetically by last name.

Because of the above it may appear that the names are listed randomly rather than alphabetically.

Message 93 of 98

Go to solution

I refer you my comment re the contact list. 

When inspected the whole contact list is in alphabetical order. However, WHEN IT COMES TO SENDING AN EMAIL AND THE CONTACT LIST IS CLICKED, AND THE CC and BCC CONTACT LIST DROPS DOWN (THEREBY EXPOSING THE ENTIRE CONTACT LIST TO ENABLE INDIVIDUAL SELECTION), THAT LIST IS TOTALLY RANDOM IN EVERY WAY. The Christian/first name, the Surname/second name the email addresses are totally and completely random  and definitely NOT in any sort of alphabetical order. To send an email to multiple users is very time consuming and tedious as EVERY address appears somewhere in the list but definitely NOT alphabetically. For example, there is a name and address that the first name begins with "J" the surname begins with "B" and the email address begins with "O". This appears before another address that begins with an "B" "C" or "B" (corresponding to the order above). Yet, inspect the WHOLE Contact List (as entered when setting up the email Contact List) and it is alphabetical. 

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 98

Go to solution

I have read your posts and understood fully what you posted so there was no need to put it in capitals!

I have found that my contact list behaves as it should and when I tried to replicate what is happening with yours I found what I have posted about all the name fields in the contact's listing needing to be filled.

There is nothing further I can add.

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 98

Go to solution

Distinguished Sage,

Thank you for your comment. Please be assured. the capitals were not meant or intended to be offensive in any way. I was merely trying to stress a point that I thought you had missed.

My address book has been behaving in the manner explained since the previous "update". It is extremely exasperating. I contacted BT who said there was nothing they could do. I really thought everyone would be experiencing the same problems. My other address books, gmail, et al, do not behave in this way. 

Kind Regards

Terrior (intentionally spelled incorrectly, by the way!)

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 98

Go to solution

I agree. It is so shabby. It is slow, the font is too small and you can't change it to a preferred size. But worst of all - when you click on a series of emails to delete/move to a folder etc it automatically clicks on the next email in your inbox when you perform the deletion etc. You have to be very, very careful to un-click it before you perform other actions. It is nonsensical: why would they assume that if you select a random group of email you MUST want to select the next email in the list for some reason. Utterly mad. 

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 98

Go to solution

@perrych 

There is a thread with "BTWebMail Work Arounds"  and changing settings at the top of the forum's email page.

BT Webmail Work Arounds. - BT Community

The following is listed there and may help resolve your problem about what happens after you delete an email.

To stop the next email being selected when moving or deleting an email go to the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right then go to “Mail” in the left hand column. Then in the General Settings untick the box “View next mail after delete/move”. Then click “Save”.

There is also a thread about updates for the email system and an update to fix some of the problems is to take place tonight (16.4.24) 

Webmail migration update - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 98

Go to solution
Why on earth the BT Tech bods had to alter the email format heaven only knows. I assume if they don't dream up new ideas they get laid off.? Why alter something that was working fine, apart from having to sign in each time you enter. (Only took BT 20 years odd to alter that condition !!)
0 Ratings