cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT CALL PROTECT

Go to solution

I have recently had full fibre with digital voice connected - i have call protect - and it is not allowing me to accept calls from any numbers - i have been onto the online settings and allowed the calls but they are still being screened - with the phone (standard dect cordless) not ringing but showing on the screen that the number is blocked - any ideas how to get around this ?? TIA 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT CALL PROTECT

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @plum1973 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing an issue accepting calls. For testing purposes can you try switching the call protect feature off in MyBT to see if the calls are still being screened?

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

It shows on the list on MyBT that its not blocked but my phone still doesn't ring. i wondered if it was because my phone isn't compatible and needed new DV handsets ?!?!?  is there supposed to be somewhere i can mark numbers as VIP - i've tried ringing it from my mobile and my husbands (different network) and both not ringing

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@plum1973 are you getting a message saying the number unobtainable when you call or are you being directed to the junk mail box to leave a message?

The VIP list is only available if you have Vociemail with call protect which is chargable. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
my phone shows someone ringing and the screen states its blocked but i can't hear the phone ring. i know there wasn;t a problem with my phone before switching to dv - to be fair there was issues with my install as they kept me on copper dt but engineer removed the copper dropwire so i had to get them to place an order for dv to be activated
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @plum1973 I don't think this is a Call Protect issue as that diverts the call to a junk voicemail box advising the caller they're not accepting calls from that number.

I noticed a post this afternoon from a customer who was experiencing a similar problem and resetting the base on the phones resolved the issue.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
brilliant - that has solved the problem. many thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@plum1973 Thats brilliant, I'm glad it worked.

Neil

0 Ratings