cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT has stopped my line without an order

BT sent me an email at 1034 this morning saying they were stopping my line (sorry you're leaving etc.). No-one has ordered this, the line was stopped within 2 hours, now they want me to order a new line which has to be digital voice so will take days to install (engineer visit needed as the line has no broadband and a box has to be connected.

You stopped it - just start it again. Why will no-one do that?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT has stopped my line without an order

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@Blackfriar 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

Its possible someone has ordered service, and given your address by mistake. This often happens to people who live in apartments.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks but I've spoken to 6 different people on 150 today and they can't fix the problem. This is not an apartment.

I've seen BT mods come back on here and deal with issues or give advice so I was hoping that might happen.

BT has either mistaken an order/crossed it with a different account number and stopped the line in 2 hours - surely there is a cooling off period? - or they are using "mistakes" to crash people off analogue lines onto digital voice which is despicable.

Message 5 of 11

@Blackfriar 

Did you get any notification, say about 10 days ago, that someone wanted to takeover your line?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

no, checked emails back 3 months and nothing. I see where you are coming from.

The order was raised on CSS at 1030 this morning and by 1230 it was stopped.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

BT do have a process to restore your services quickly, it's call Priority Back In Service (PBIS), you will need to raise a new order which I'm guessing has been done? if so confirm with BT that the PBIS team are dealing.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Blackfriar,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if your telephone service has been stopped. As @Keith_Beddoe has said, if someone had requested to take over your service in error you should have received a notification around 10 days ago letting you know that someone is requesting to take over the service.

It's odd that you didn't receive any prior notification. Have you recently placed any orders or made any changes to your account? What package do you currently have with BT?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

7 people in BT wanted me to place a new order to rectify a BT problem. I finally got hold of the CEO's complaint team who immediately recognised and agreed that BT stopped the line so BT had to start it again and that did not involve me placing an order. It should be restarted today, BT need to get Openreach to agree as its a stop sell area so a new order would have involved digital voice which would have required an engineer visit to fit an analogue/digital CPE as my mother has no broadband. That would have taken a week probably? So it's better to get the line restarted due to a BT error than follow the "process" of me placing a new order to rectify a BT **bleep**-up.

Now I am investigating who placed the order to Stop and why. No slamming or other change, no notification about any other provider in email and checked spam. I suspect a breach of GDPR when they crossed my account with my mother's but no idea how they managed to do that given that I have to "go through security" to get my account open. My mother's account is totally separate, address, billing everything so how could they confuse the two?

Message 10 of 11

Hi @Blackfriar,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. The CEO's team would be the best team to help you get reconnected. They'll also be able to investigate why this happened.

Please keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings