cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Cancel digital voice

Go to solution

I've found the digital voice service is no longer used so called to cancel it. I was told it would also cancel my broadband service. I'm on fttp and thought the digital voice service was just an add on that could be cancelled during the broadband contract if no longer needed. I have the unlimited minutes calling plan.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Cancel digital voice

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Apparently you can not cancel Digital Voice without cancelling your present Broadband package as it forms part of your contract but you should be able to change your calling plan to Pay As You Go which should be a saving on your call package.  

When you come to renew your Broadband and assuming you stay with BT you can then change it to a Broadband Only package.

What are the BT Calling Plans and how can I change to a new one? | BT Help

Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

@Lj007 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Its not an add on, if forms part of your original contract.

When your contract expires you should be able to start a new contract, but without Digital Voice. This would be a broadband only one.

Meanwhile you can change your calling plan to remove the anytime calls and revert to PAYG.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Your package is broadband with phone and the call package is the add-on. Cancelling the ability to make/receive calls will terminate your broadband contract and incur cancellation charges

You can move your add-on of 700 minutes to PAYG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Lj007,

I'd like to look into this for you and help guide you to the best option for you.

I'm going to send you a private message that you can reply back to my team on.

Thank you

DanielS

Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

March 2024. I have been assured by "my guide" that BT, aka EE, no longer provide ANY call packages. Hence when my existing contract expires, I will have no option other than to use PAYG, with its exorbitant call charges of some 28p per minute. Having to wait for tens of minutes waiting in a call queue for so many numbers, doctors for example, as a pensioner, I am effectively being FORCED to pay for a mobile phone on top of my Broadband. How is this  "progress" for the older generation? 

Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

@PB45 

Sounds like you were selected to be connected to "Idiot of the day". Although there are apparently now only two options of PAYG or Unlimited.

Just for info, you can buy a mobile phone from a little over a tenner & a SIM with unlimited minutes would be less than half of monthly cost of the BT Unlimited calls package.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks for your suggestion, but as all of us would have to go down that route, sadly it isn't really practical. Before we were forced to go over to FTTP over two years ago by BT, and could no longer use all of our phone sockets throughout the house without having to provide a mains socket as well, our landline has really become a sore point. Only this last week we couldn't dial 105 to report a power cut, because despite earlier promises when we were told that we HAD to change to FTTP,  BT refused to provide a backup battery. Previously, using copper, we were quite happy with our 12Mbs Internet, and being able to pick up a phone in most rooms, and enjoy our 700 minutes of paid calls.

In defence of our BT/EE "Guide", I spoke to not one but two, very pleasant, young ladies in a South Wales call centre. They really were trying to help, but just couldn't find any mention of the "Personalised special offer" that I had received a link to in an email from BT. I would have loved to be able to send them a screenshot of what I had in front of me, but supposedly that was not possible.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

I wish people would stop getting rid of their landline phones as they give much better call connection quality than mobile phones. The latter often have flaky connections and come and go due to poor reception and signal strength. I use one regularly to phone other people but their signal waxes and wanes so give up and call them on my landline where the same thing happens so mobile technology is certainly not perfect. Useful yes, but that's about all.