cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 36

Change to DV ?

Go to solution

BT61998 texted, indicating a changeover to DV, in the New Year. If you don't have alternative services in concert, on the existing line, text READY to 61998.
Well, my changeover is easy-peasy; if only BT had supplied me with a Smart-Hub 2, as I've loyally, re-contracted over the years. HH3 don't do DV. SO, I'M DEFINITELY NOT READY !
As for texting 'READY'; a can of worms because 'READY' is open to misinterpretation. Let's see what the Forum offers in advice ? In lieu of BT sending me a Smart-Hub 2; in keeping with all the glossy pamphlets, and TV advertising.
SupermanA 4 125.png

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36

Re: Change to DV ?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @COMPANY-PENSIONER   As the change to DV includes a SH2 I don't really understand your question. There is no need to already have one.

Message 4 of 36

Go to solution

I too don't really know what Company-Pensioner is trying to say. I'm on ADSL and officially don't have a SH2, according to their 'records' so don't  know how I'll be assessed or subsequently treated despite what the gurus here have told me. I have only received one text saying DV is coming to my area and for more info go to BT.COM/ etc etc.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution

Mine only turned up a day or two before the switch over.

To put a bit more context on that, I believe they can detect what is connected and DV is only switched on once they see an SH2 in use.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution

If you don’t have any potentially incompatible products on the line ( so personal or property alarms etc ) you can text ‘Ready’ , as stated if you don’t have a compatible SH2 , there is no reason to think one won’t be supplied before the DV date .

Presumably the text you have received is due to the supposed accord reached recently between the Government and industry to pick up those that may have concerns about personal alert type devices.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution

Yep, I'm the SYNICALSURFER, that cynical.

I received an email on the 23/10/2023, informing me that I would be migrated within the next 30-days. "We'll be in touch, nearer the day." I, also, received a mirror notification of migration by Royal Mail. Nothing; no follow-up contact. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I didn't receive a SH2, as indicated in all the BT hype & blurb, with in the 30-days. After 30-days, I rang ---150, and was informed that there was no date on my account to migrate. Adding insult to injury; the guy tried to sell me an upgrade. Currently, I've BT HH3 & the Openreach Box. SH2 is self-supporting, only 1-box. I guess an equipment return envelope will be on the horizon ? On a technical note. Does -50v come out of the GREEN SOCKET on the back of the SM2, to clear the 'CHECK LINE' prompt, on my DECT screen, through the connected base station ?
I've had the text. 18/12/2023; text 'ready', and you'll be subsequently contacted; but, no email reiterating the migration, a more formal notification of intent. No, I'm not contacting ---150, they'll only try to flog me an upgrade, again.
I'm just going to let the whole notion of migration run. It's Christmas Time: Good Will To All Mankind; well, except me, it would appear ? I DON'T NEED BT GIVING ME A BAD TIME OVER CHRISTMAS |
Now where's that jar of BAH-HUMBUGS !

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS !
TTS.gif

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

Can you not put the crayons & pictures away & just post normally?

Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

I had exactly the same experience, mate.

Initial email notification of move to DV was 19th June.
Second email for 30 days’ notice was 2nd Aug. (Letter saying the same arrived 5th Aug).
Postcard with setup instructions arrived on the 15th Aug.
Postcard inviting to order phone adapter on the 17th Aug
Nothing then happened on the 1st Sept (30 days).

Asked the mods here for help and they got it moving for me.
Got 7-day notice of switch email on 11th Sept.

SH2 needed a reboot in the morning to trigger the configuration of the phone.

92 days all told, so the idea of four weeks may be a little generous.  Everything now seems to be working fine.

As far as the 50V goes, I doubt it, but I can conform that my Panasonic DECT system works just fine, including caller display etc.

(And the graphics are a tad hard on the eyes).

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution

I'm not impressed with the BT interaction, regarding my migration to DV. Highlighting an issue with 'bells & whistles', draws attention to the concern.
Technically, if the Forum does not want to facilitate 'rich text' & 'html' styles; just withdraw the resource.

0 Ratings