Message 1 of 4

DECT phones.

We changed to BT a few months ago. Our  four BT 6590 DECT  phones were working OK so we got a BT adaptor and continued using them. This last few days however, we can receive calls but not make them. There's just a 'beep,beep' like 'line engaged'. We are not tech-savvy and have probably pressed the wrong button. Please help, and is it best to go DV and have done with it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: DECT phones.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Have you actually tried dialling out or assuming you can't because of the lack of dialtone? It sounds like you may have BT voicemail enabled & are receiving the notification of new messages.

If it's not that, try plugging the base station directly into the back of the SH2 to take the adapter out of the equation.

Edit

I'm a bit confused now as I assumed that by "adapter" you meant the DECT adapter for DV. But you seem to say at the end that you don't yet have DV, so what is this adapter & why was it needed? Or by "going DV" do you just mean switching to the DV handsets/

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

rbz, Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply and a thousand apologies for not replying earlier. 'She' had to go to hospital and we've had to put in a stairlift etc. All calmed down now and I'll look at the phone again.

0 Ratings