cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital Voice - Not receiving incoming calls (except from BT)

Go to solution

Hi, I’m having a nightmare with BT Support at the moment. I moved from Sky to BT a few years ago (taking my landline number with me) and have had several years with no issues. I’m on their 900 FTTP service again with no issues.

They then recently moved me over to Digital Voice. I received a text to say it was completed and plugged the phone into the back of the hub as instructed. I then found that nobody could call me - when I call from my mobile it states “This person’s phone is currently unavailable. Please try later or send a text.” Friends and family have all tried and none can get through. I get a dial tone on the phone and can make calls.

I’ve spoken to several BT support people and had to go through the usual checks multiple times. Was told it might be my phones (BT Premium Trio bought from BT Shop), but they sent a Qube engineer and they used a phone that would definitely work and it did did not work for them either, so does not appear to be caused by the phone. Qube engineer completely reset my hub and still didn’t work. BT support wanted to try Digital phones so sent me 2. I set one up after I received them and it still did not work.

I called them again yesterday and after going through some further checks I was told that they could see a call routing problem and that they would speak to the technical team and call me back in 15 minutes to test it. I have received no call back from them nearly 24 hours later and it is still not working this morning.

I’ve seen some posts from others on here that have had similar issues. Would one of the mods be able to help?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital Voice - Not receiving incoming calls (except from BT)

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

have you tried phoning the FTTP team as they deal with digital voice and should be able to help with the routing problem 08005874787

if you get redirected to CS then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I’ve tried that number and it just seems to always go to normal CS. They have logged my fault as fixed in the system, but it is not!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

the number defaults to CS if number busy - sorry but you have to just persevere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I just went through to CS just to get the fault re opened and go through the same questions for the nth time. But at least I got some further information. They said that this is a porting issue from Sky and an engineer will need to be sent to fix a problem outside of my property.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @BrigadierA, sorry you're not receiving all your calls since moving to Digital Voice. 
I've sent you a Private Message so you can contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you, Mods, and in particular, Neil, who helped get this resolved! We’re finally able to receive calls from everyone now.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @BrigadierA,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

Neil is out of the office today but he'll be back in tomorrow. He'll be happy to know that the issue has been fixed 🙂

Thanks,

Paddy