cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice not working!

Go to solution

It has now been more than 8 weeks since BT supposedly switched my landline to DV on 16 March - since that date I have had no landline connection. Despite 23 phone conversations to date with the BT Helpline and/or Faults Line no-one has found a solution and each time I’m left in limbo until I phone yet again.

As well as my original cordless phone, which just states “Check phone line”, I’ve also been sent and tried using an adapter, two BT digital phones, a replacement hub*, an engineer visit, plus a visit by BT’s Home Tech Expert who confirmed I had everything set up correctly but he was also unable to achieve a connection. I’ve reached the end of my tether with this now and eagerly await the end of my contract in November so I can switch to an ISP who can provide a decent service.

To add insult to injury I have today received both email and text stating that I’ll incur a £50 charge if I fail to return the replacement *Smart Hub 2 to BT. Luckily I have Royal Mail’s receipt and tracking which shows the hub was safely delivered to BT on 7 May. The Smart Hub 1 which I returned to BT on 14 April also shows “awaiting return” although Royal Mail tracking shows it was safely delivered on 20 April - a relief that this doesn’t incur a charge as it’s obsolete equipment.

Sheer incompetence on BT’s part!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice not working!

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@KLHIf you want to cancel you can without penalty as BT are not honouring the contract and you have given them a fair chance to fix it. HOWEVER unless you switch to Virgin (if you are in their cable area) I doubt if any other provider will be better as Openreach look after all the lines and are independent to BT.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your advice Bob, and for reading my rant! Unfortunately Virgin don’t run cable to this area, so I think you’re correct in that I stick with what I’ve got - it would, after all, involve a new email address etc. It was however something of a relief to see Phil’s posting and to know I’m not alone.

At the very least, I have my PAC code at the ready to switch from BT mobile to Tesco mobile.. any day now!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @KLH I'm really sorry your landline isn't working after being transferred to digital voice and you're being chased for equipment already returned. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

You are not alone, had the same situation myself and it really does bug you!  It may come as no surprise that DV phones no longer seem to be being promoted - only the Smart Hub 2 on its own. I have no problem with the Hub - it seems o.k.  The DV phone was obviously intended as a replacement for the landline phone. Speaking to someone in the mobile phone sector they were puzzled why anyone would need a 'landline' now. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Just to report that my issue with DV not working has now been solved… after 13+ weeks!

Yesterday, during yet another conversation with BT, it was noticed that the serial number on my SH2 didn’t tally with the number on their screen. The serial number was showing as being “in use” at an address three streets away from my home. So all along it’s been crossed wires! The transfer to DV hadn’t happened at the other address, hence they weren’t affected. An engineer is coming out on Tuesday morning to fix the problem.

I’m looking forward to someone phoning me on my landline next week, even a nuisance call, just to hear it ring.

Relieved? You bet I am!