cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice - poor Mobile signal

We moved over onto Digital Voice last year and we also have BT mobile phones, however I completely forgot when we migrated that our mobile signal in the house is mainly very poor. We can get a one bar signal in one room upstairs but the rest of the house is very sketchy. This was masked by the fact that I enabled Wi-Fi calling on our mobiles a couple of years ago, hence the confusion. We now have Hybrid Connect with a single bar signal in the upstairs room but in the event our Broadband goes down, would this be enough to make a HD phone call in an emergency, or is there a better option? Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice - poor Mobile signal

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Stukrugen   Digital Voice does not work with Hybrid Connect. It is purely a broadband backup.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

A better solution would probably be to switch one of the mobiles to a non-EE provider with better coverage, if one exists.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yeah, I know that's an option, though we're happy with the mobile package from BT in general, and with WiFi calling in the house,we usually don't notice any issues. Our Hybrid Connect really is in the best location, and gets the single blue bar signal. Just really researching other solutions that would mean we can use our BT mobile or house phones in a power cut, so I guess UPS /Mobile signal boosters etc, or whether BT usually offer/suggest anything to keep our mobile custom in this situation. Cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Different networks is also useful when you're out & about. If one of you has no signal then the other might.

I believe the 4G box has connections for external antennas, so that may be worth investigating.