cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Digital Voice

Your home phone, only better

With Digital Voice you’ll also get access to brand new handsets, which means even better features—like crystal clear HD calling, giving you incredible sound quality on your home phone. It’s almost as if the person you’re speaking to is in the room with you. I don't think the marketing department that wrote this had ever tried the system. Poor quality crackling beeping sounds loss of signal and I live in a semi-bungalow, not a mansion it's okay if you are near the home hub. And I have three of the latest phones possibly if I ask Alexa to fix it might help 🤔 

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

You say it's fine near the hub, so the DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) signal from router to handsets must be the issue. Have you tried a hub reset?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

@WeeMalky1 

You may get better results if you plug your original phone system into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, and forget about using the free ones that BT have supplied. Th BT ones are only going to give HD quality if the DECT signal is strong enough to support it.

Its similar to the same issues that occurred with the old BT Broadband Talk service, and the BT Hub phones.

If you originally used a cordless DECT system, then you will probably find it works better as is designed that way.

Be aware, if you reset the home hub to factory default, you will lose any stored phone numbers, so back them up first.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Surely the DECT signal should be strong enough to cover a bungalow house not bothered about HD quality just want it as good as the Panasonic ones it replaced. And I have tried a reset and BT have also checked the line with a report back saying that is it working ok now ????
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

@WeeMalky1 

The Smart Hub 2 has to perform multiple functions, so some performance hit is expected, especially the fact that all the internal radio aerials are in very close proximity, so some internal interference is going to occur, and reduction in effective range.

A stand alone DECT base station is only dedicated to that task, so can dedicate all of its radio circuitry and aerials, to that one specific task, for maximum range.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Do you still have your Panasonic ones to try? If they work okay, the BT handsets might be faulty and need replacing. I wonder if having a separate base unit (as you would with the Panasonic) might give a better signal than the integrated base unit in the hub, where space is sacrificed.
Edit: Keith basically said what I did!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Is it possible to get a separate base unit for the Digital Voice Phones ??
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

@WeeMalky1wrote:
Is it possible to get a separate base unit for the Digital Voice Phones ??

Hi @WeeMalky1  The simple answer is no. Have you been offered a new Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

No. If enough people complain and suggest it to BT, they might produce them.

0 Ratings