cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 95

Re: Digital Voice.

I know and it will probably be fine. I do learn something about DV almost every time I come on here so I don't see why I can't contribute where I have something to say.

(I found out today my older son who has no landline and bad mobile coverage has 3G switching off soon which will make it heard for him to go calls other than on things like whatsapp. I don't think he makes many calls but  it is that assumption that in the countryside people have mobile coverage that can be annoying sometimes).

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 95

Hi Jane2018.
I'm with you, on asking current questions, and not searching through a myriad of archived, non-current replies. Technology is forever moving forward, and requires real-time Q&A. Not everyone is Tech Savvy ?
The few 'forums' that I grace with my presence, are all populated by a few regular posters who revert to abuse, when their understanding of their answers, does not fulfil your reasonable questions. There's a misconception from another tranche of posters, that the forum is their own personal fiefdom.
Seasons Greetings ! Throughout the 'community' the warm, welcoming, scented aroma of trolls being burnt at the stake, permeates all. A welcome diversion to Christmas shopping.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 95

Interesting quirk of digital voice, which is obvious if you think about it - transferred out to Vodafone and, for various reasons, took a new number - the old number, it turns out, never terminated and is still live even after the cease date...

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 95

@Alansmitheewrote:

Interesting quirk of digital voice, which is obvious if you think about it - transferred out to Vodafone and, for various reasons, took a new number - the old number, it turns out, never terminated and is still live even after the cease date...

It shouldn't be and isn't obvious, your old Digital Voice service will terminate when the BT broadband stops, when you raised your order with Vodafone, did BT send you a 'Sorry to see you leave' notification either by letter and/or email?

If not then Vodafone haven't done a working line takeover and you now have 2 services active, it happens when the new provider raise the order incorrectly or you had FTTC with BT and have FTTP with Vodafone (or vise versa)

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 95

No always on FTTP - Vodafone took over broadband and set up new line which I confirmed was active. Broadband finished on BT side but the BT  DV service just.. kept going, took me a few different departments to get it closed today. 

0 Ratings