cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Digital voice handset

I've got my self into a muddle with my digital voice handset - I really hope someone can help because BT (& EE) can't seem to.  I moved home and it took several weeks to get my phone number moved with me. It moved yesterday and today I thought I'd try out some of the features of digital voice. I tried Call Diversion and got the response 'this service in not available on this line' so I tried Call Barring which was available and worked. When I tried to cancel it a PIN was needed. I don't have a PIN for this so I tried a factory reset on the handset and base unit. Now I can't even register the handset on my hub.  So now I have one unregistered handset and the other with all o/g calls barred - any ideas please.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Digital voice handset

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @knf welcome to the community and thanks for posting, the default pin for the digital voice handsets is normally 0000. Are you a new EE customer? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I tried 0000 initially and it wasn't right. Yes, I'm new to EE having been with BT for 45 years.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @knf, sorry you're having trouble with your digital voice handsets. 

Were these provided with the order for your new address or did you have them for digital voice at your previous address?

Which model do you have?

BT-Advanced-Digital-Home-Phone-wit-Alex-Quick-set-Up-UserGuide.pdf
BT-Essential-Digital-Home-Phone-UserGuide.pdf

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hello John,

I have one digital voice handset with Alexa and one without. They were provided at my previous address where I had a BT Smart Hub 2.  At my new address EE have sent me an EE Smart Hub Plus. Both handsets worked fine with both the initial new phone number we were given and with our original number when it was transferred on Friday. It just that I trying the features and found 'Call diversion' wasn't enabled ( it never worked on my original number when we were at the old address, nor did 'call barring') then I found 'call barring' was enabled so I tried activating it for 'all outgoing calls', when I tried to cancel it I was asked for a PIN, which wasn't 0000. Then I thought if I reverted the handset to factory setting that would solve the problem so I 'reset' both handset and base using the  handset with built in Alexa. Big mistake. Now that handset won't resister to my Hub and I got 'all o/g calls barred'. Internet works fine and I can receive i/c calls on the other handset. Hope you might have some ideas.

Cheers,Kevin

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

have you tried to reset the base (ee Hub) and that should reset the PIN back to 0000 according to page 32 of manual

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @knf, thanks for that info. The only other thing I can think of would be to reset your Hub and check if they connect ok after that. If not let us know and we'll probably have to get you to get in touch with us to investigate further.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Tried reseting the hub. Now both handsets have issues. The Alexa handset with which I had problems yesterday still won't register with the hub. The other handset which could receive incoming calls now has 'no link to the hub' hence no calling facilities.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hello John, Tried reseting the hub. Now both handsets have issues. The Alexa handset with which I had problems yesterday still won't register with the hub. The other handset which could receive incoming calls now has 'no link to the hub' hence no calling facilities.

Cheers, Kevin

0 Ratings