cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

How to turn off voicemail on Digital Voice?

Go to solution

Hi.  I've migrated to Digital Voice and am using the Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in.

Is it possible to turn off voicemail altogether?  I know about the page where you can set the number of rings before it kicks in, but there's nothing there to switch if off.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to turn off voicemail on Digital Voice?

Go to solution

you can try

How do I turn BT voicemail off?

Turning voicemail on and off
  1. Dial 15710 from your phone (it's free) to turn this off. ( You'll hear a message: "Your request to turn off conditional diverts to your BT Mobile voicemail has been confirmed")
  2. Dial 15711 to turn it back on.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for such a prompt reply.

Didn't seem to do the trick for me, unfortunately.  I dialed that number but the announcement just said:

• Welcome to voicemail.
  • you have Zero messages
  • To change your personal greeting press 0
  • To change your access PIN press 1
  • To change your ringing period press 2
  • To transfer to the mobile linking order line press 3

.. and that was it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @wdblue3 and thanks for posting.

Take a look at Digital Voice - How to disable voicemail function - BT Community and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you David.  I clearly didn't search the forum thoroughly enough for the topic 🙂

As per that thread I've just gone to https://www.bt.com/callingfeatures and 'Manage my calling features', where I was able to deselect Voicemail.  It says it may take 24 hours, which is fine.

Very grateful for your and others' help with this.

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know @wdblue3 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I have a question on this topic. Rather late in my reply, but only just noticed the thread.

If I place an order to have Voice mail switched Off, then at some future date, decide to have it switched On, do I have to pay a monthly charge for the service ??

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

No

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

the 15710 is for a mobile, not the landline... and it does not workon the landline.

i have them on my mobile....

thanks for the solution... i found out by accident, my fibre landline was on digital voice auto answer after a short ring, so may have missed an important call on Thursday, and lost a lot of money... quite a poor service from BT on not letting us know about it

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Me too, missed two calls and on top of that, my new hh2 had two different passwords. one on the pull out plastic piece and a different one on the homehub itself. Luckily I had my desktop plugged in using an Ethernet cable, problem arose when attempting to connect a laptop and mobile phone via wifi.
The last letter on the pull out piece was Lower case
The last letter on back of router was Upper case.

0 Ratings