cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 DECT

I have gigaset c570hx handsets and an n300ip base station plus the BT smart hub 2 and their digital home phones. I turned off the n300ip base station and was able to register the handsets with the BT smart hub. But you seem to lose some of the functions of the gigaset base station. So what is the best way to do things?

This way you lose some of the gigaset functions, but if you continue to use the gigaset base station and plug the telephone line into the back of the smart hub, doesn't that mean you have an analogue connection?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

just connect base station to phone socket on back of SH2 and should work as before

read FAQ

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@HQRMAN wrote:

This way you lose some of the gigaset functions, but if you continue to use the gigaset base station and plug the telephone line into the back of the smart hub, doesn't that mean you have an analogue connection?

Digital Voice only refers to the section between the network and the BT Smart Hub 2. The socket on the back presents an analogue interface because the conversion from digital to analogue takes place inside the Smart Hub 2. The hub also forwards the digital signal over DECT, which is why the BT provided handsets give better quality.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I have a similar setup. My conclusion is that it is best just to plug the base station into the back of the Smart Hub 2. You will lose your directory of contacts from the Gigaset from the extensions that are linked to the Smart Hub 2. I've got some of the Smart Alexa phones but I prefer the Gigaset extensions. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Why would plugging the Gigaset base station into the SH2 remove contacts in the Gigaset handsets? It doesn’t in mine and I would not expect it to. The Gigaset base station doesn’t know or care if it’s connected to copper or  SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

No the other round. If you register a Gigaset handset directly onto the hub, then that handset does not have access to the directory stored on the Gigaset base station.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Why would you do that? It makes sense to register Gigaset phones with the Gigaset hub so you keep the functionality of the Gigaset system.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hello, 

I also have the N300 and C570H but I'm not having any luck when plugging the n300 into the phone port on the base. No calls can be made or received. 

Is there any setting I need to change on the system for it to function? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Have you been converted to Digital Voice or does your Analogue copper line still work?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Ive been converted to digital voice 

0 Ratings