cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

Hi @rcpoucher I'm really sorry about that, it sounds like a possible porting fault especially if calls from the EE network are getting through. I'll send you a private message and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

@NeilO 

Frustratingly 5 days on I still cannot receive calls, after waiting two hours last night for a phone call from BT and hearing nothing I had to ring up again. Some resets done last night by BT, but still nothing coming through?!?!

The chase continues. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 34

After 30 years with BT landline service, I was  moved to digital voice on the same day as you 08/02/24 and am having the EXACT same problem as you.  Outgoing calls fine.  Incoming calls from EE are fine, but not from other networks.  I am not and never have been an EE customer.  I've spent hours on the phone to BT, an engineer have visited and yet nothing is fixed.  BT service agents tell me to wait 2-4 hours while they fix it, but it doesn't get fixed.  They promise to call me back later the same day or the next day and they don't. 

Further details of my issue are here: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Transition-to-Digital-Voice-Porting-not-pro... 

Please let me know how you get on as I am certain your solution will be the same as mine.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 34

Spoiler

@archer3 

Oh that’s not good to hear. We have an engineer visiting on Friday, but after your visit I’m not expecting much progress then! If I have to leave BT and go somewhere else then so be it but I’m not sure whether I’ll experience these issues elsewhere too. 

I have been equally disappointed with the customer service via phone and online. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

I wish you better luck with your engineer visit than we had.  All the engineer was able to establish was that we had connected everything up correctly (which I already knew) and that incoming calls from his company EE mobile were successful (which I had not previously known), but not from his personal Vodafone mobile, or my O2 mobile.  Having confirmed all that, the only solution he was able to offer was "wait another 48 hours", which of course made no difference.  Given calls from EE mobiles work, but from other networks don't, the problem is definitely a back-office porting problem, which needs to be fixed by people doing things on computers, not by an engineer doing things with cables.  

Personally, I would probably move to Virgin.  However, now the porting has been so badly messed up by BT, I suspect that porting my phone number out to another operator has the potential to go even more horribly wrong, so for now I am sticking with trying to get BT to sort it out.  If that doesn't work, I will probably give up having a landline all together and go broadband only (with Virgin) + mobile, and escalate to the external dispute resolution service to try to get some sort of compensation from BT for all the hassle.

It's all very disappointing because years ago I worked for BT and have been a loyal customer for over 30 years.  The customer service over recent years has deteriorated beyond recognition, which is such a shame.

If I get a resolution, I will let you know.  Please post how you get on too.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

P.S.  Maybe it's just a co-incidence, but it's really weird that you were moved over to digital voice on the same day as I was.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

How did you get on?  Did the engineer visit fix anything?  My problem is still not fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

This sort of thread really worries me as I spent several hours a day on landline calls I receive on a line that has had no fault ever in 30 years. I was told London would be moved to DV by end of 2023 but nothing has happened yet (thank God).... I live in fear. I don't want to spend a single second on the phone to BT as I tend not to wait or queue or be put on hold with anyone ever as I am far too busy working.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

When the time comes, hopefully you will be more fortunate. I'm sure most people are migrated across fine first time. However, when things go wrong, BT seems to have great difficulty putting things right.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

@Jane2018wrote:

I am far too busy working.

But sadly never too busy to relentlessly post the same thing over & over & over again...