cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Hi Neil, Thanks for your reply. I've run through the procedure you outlined (on both phones).

After resetting the main office phone, the hub didn't accept the pairing when I pressed the WPS button, so I un-plugged my old BT handset (which was plugged directly into the back of the hub) and then tried pairing again which was successful. I did the same with the second handset.

I tried calling my landline from my mobile - the second phone rang but the main one didn't (the old handset was still unplugged from the back of the hub at this point). I checked the main handset and there was no display - batteries then. changed the h/set batteries - h/set went through its re-sync procedure. Tried calling from my mobile, and main phone rang. Everything seemed to be working,

I then plugged the old phone back into the hub and tried calling - no incoming call received on the new h/sets, but the old phone was receiving ok. I checked the main phone - no display - put new batteries in - no display. Checked the second phone and no display - put new batteries in, display working and h/set started re-synching.

Unplugged the old phone from the hub. Tried calling my landline from my mobile - the second phone rang ok. Main phone not working. Plugged old phone back into hub, second phone working ok.

It appears as though the batteries have some effect on the new phones - but currently the main phone is dead and refuses to work with any new batteries I've tried - faulty h/set? Although the second h/set appears to be working I don't have a great deal of faith in it!

The two DV handsets were provided 'free' by BT when I switched to digital BB earlier this year - do you know whether they will replace them as I seem to be having these problems with them?

PS Just before clicking 'Post' I checked the second h/set and that has now 'died' (having had 2 sets of new batteries!). So, I'm currently using my old BT h/set plugged into the back of the hub to make and receive landline calls.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Good morning @EricM,

Thanks for taking the time to follow Neil's post to you. I've gone ahead and moved your reply onto a thread of its own.

I'm going to send you a private message so we can look into your account and see if we can do a warranty replace on this handsets.

It'll take us a few working days to get back to you so I hope you are ok using your previous handset until then.

Thanks,

DanielS

Message 3 of 19

Similar problems for us with the new handset, and have had to connect my old handset to the router to have access to our landline. These new digital voice handsets are just not fir for purpose and despite reporting the issue to BT their responses have not helped at all.  Have you made progress?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

does your handset show fully charged and then after receiving call shows flat as there are a few similar post to yours.  the solution appeared to replace the batteries in the handset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

No, I accept a call, works OK for a few seconds then I get the "Searching for hub" message followed by "synchronising handset data".

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

This seems to be a common problem with these digital handsets. The BT solution seems to be to exchange the handsets for new working ones. The new ones are exactly the same, so the same problem may occur further down the line.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Thanks for reply. Guess I'll have to stick with the old handset plugged into the Router, which works fine anyhow. Disappointed that the new super tech phone is a duff though!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

@LMD48 

Have you tried checking the batteries as others have found they are not holding charge even though they should be new

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Just checked. The battery symbol shows as full to start with. I made a call to my own mobile to check, after about 10 seconds it stopped working and displayed the usual two messages. I noticed the battery symbol was at about 3/4 full.  I have a BT engineer booked for tomorrow to check out my broadband. Ran the speedtest which shows my speeds at 46M and 18M so can't see how that could be the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Hi, I too am having these issues with my Essential Digital Phone handsets. Please can I ask how you resolved it. BT are only going through their procedures, i.e. reset handsets, reset hub, re-register handsets. I only confirmed my thoughts that the handsets are faulty when I read posts on here.

The fault I get is can't pick up incoming calls. I get the chime and synchronising handset data message displayed on the handset. Thank you for any light you can shed.

0 Ratings