cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: Successful number port

Go to solution

Hi, I'm facing a similar issue as Plusnet have inexplicably deleted my account (landline and broadband) and are now saying they won't offer me a landline any more (with any number, let alone my old number) due to a 'stop sell' they have placed on this product.. 

I've setup a BT account, to be installed on 24 October (Plusnet cancelled my account on 27 September) but they have only offered me a new number with a 'possibility' to renumber at a later date.

Is there anything that can be done to help me get my old number back?  My dad has been at this address with the same number for over 77 years and would of course like to keep the same number he's always had there..

Thank you

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

@LovelyCottage 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

No new exchange phone connections are possible, as the analogue phone network is being closed down.

All new phone connections are made using BT Digital Voice.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

Its normally possible to do a renumber, but a new number would have to be issued first.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @LovelyCottage,

Thanks for taking the time to join our Community.

I am so sorry to see that Plusnet deleted your account. They should have escalated this internally to work out some way of helping you.

The difficult part here, we can't attempt to transfer your Dad's number until your service is up and running with us. As soon as his service is live with us, we should then look to be trying the renumber for you. It may be quicker to phone BT on the day that the order has completed and ask for the renumber. Or, message us next Thursday or Friday and I'll send you a private message so we can pick it up on the 24th for you.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Will do, thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, just following up with message about this.  Install is due to go ahead on Tuesday and it would be great if the number can be transferred then or as soon as possible after then if possible.  Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for posting back @LovelyCottage

Sorry again for the problems with your Dad's number.  We'll be unable to make changes until the order completes on Tuesday.  Once the service is working, do you want to try calling the helpdesk on 0300 1234 150 for help with the renumber?  If you have any problems after that, post back and we will give you a hand from here.  It does take us a few days to get back to you from when you get in touch and that's the reason why I have suggested the helpdesk as that may get things moving quicker.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Robbie, I think I would rather wait for your help if that's ok - am happy to wait a few days for the number to be transferred.  Main reason is I see no way to ensure that I can speak to someone at the helpdesk that will know how to resolve the renumber, and this is a similar issue I had with Plusnet that an advisor ended up cancelling my account when I was trying to just renew the contract..  Let me know if that's ok.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @LovelyCottage, I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help resolving this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @LovelyCottage, thanks for getting back to my PM earlier to confirm that you dad's old number is now back in place and working perfectly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings