cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Why Won't BT Allow Plusnet and EE to Provide Digital Voice Service?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution

@iniltous

My point is, BT is coercing people out of their traditional copper land lines, and making a charge of 5 gbp per month for them to have a digital equivalent. Customers of EE or plusnet can’t even have a digital phone. Some might argue that sucks.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

You have it the wrong way around , if a BT customer has no option to take ‘line rental’ with broadband the cost is £x , now that BT customer  has the option of stand alone broadband the cost is £x-£5 , so they are not making an extra charge of £5 , they are giving a discount of £5 for not having telephony, telephony has a value , there is a cost to providing it , with BT this is £5 

As fas as coercion, the PSTN network is being closed , if a BT customer ( the only customers this forum has any connection to ) wants to keep a ‘landline’ phone service it will have to be ‘IP’ and delivered over broadband, current customers of EE or Plusnet are not affected by BT’s rollout of DV , and although they are part of BT Group , any complaints that EE or Plusnet have are hardly the concern of BT Consumer, and should be addressed to those companies, not BT Consumer 

Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to lock this thread as I can't see any value in allowing it to continue.

Thanks,

Paddy

* Above post marked as solution by Mod*