cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

digital voice messages

OK BT have moved me to digital voice landline - I had no choice.

They then supplied an adaptor so I can plug my old (Panasonic) handset and yes it rings, Here is the problem. Previously after 6 rings it went to handset messages, and on returning home the handset beeped - new message. Which worked brilliantly.

What I want is not to use 1571 as I don't bother looking at my phone on return and have no idea if I have a new message - I get about 2 a week btw so it's not intuitive to check 1571.

So it is significantly worse and more tedious.

When someone calls the cursed new digital voice, how do I set it to ring 6 times then pass over to the really useful handset, leave a msg and flash and bleep on my return. Like it used to. IT WORKED!

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: digital voice messages

You need to go to MYBT and set the dv1571 to answer on more rings than your. Current Panasonic. That way should be back to how it was

The DV FAQ will help you

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: digital voice messages

@peterp2 

Or simply do it by calling 1571 & taking option 4.