cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Accessing local network

Go to solution

It's a six year old TV with a few built-in apps but AFAIK you can't install any more.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

In your settings the connection is definitely showing as private here:

connection.png

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Oh My!!  I recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro and everything, including my LAN, has been working just fine.  So I was shocked when I checked it after your post to find it's actually Public.  Too late tonight to start anything and we're away through most of tomorrow so it will have to wait, but thanks a million for asking me to check it.

Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Success!  After switching from Teamviewer to Remote Desktop Connection, resetting my network to Private, and setting up Windows Media Player on the Win 10 PC upstairs I was immediately able to use my laptop to cast my music from the PC to the TV in the downstairs lounge and it sounded pretty good through the Bose soundbar.  Complete WiFi clearly works pretty good in this largish house.

I had no idea how to achieve any of this before asking  here - much thanks to all!

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

The dialogue that flashes up when a Windows PC connects to a new network is poorly thought out, so its VERY common for people to fall foul of this!

Glad we helped to get you sorted 🙂

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Earthling,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. I'm glad you managed to get that sorted 🙂

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings