cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Connecting to WiFi

When you connect to the weather station with your phone in ad hoc mode, you can just enter 192.168.1.1 in the browser of your phone . At this stage, your phone is just connected to the weather station and nothing else. You don't need internet access as 192.168.1.1 is just on your home network.

Edit: typing as @ptrduffy  posted

Message 12 of 27

Laptop won't go into192.168.1.1
Just get "Safari can't open that page??
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

Can't access it on my phone either??

Does my computer have to be on the 2.4Ghz  net? I think it might be on the %ghz but have no idea how one checks and changes..........

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

Hi @cheddarman 

Your phone or laptop will only be able to connect to 192.168.1.1 immediately after you connect the phone/laptop to the WWS_XXXXX WiFi network, which will only be active after you do the 4-second press on the BARO-WiFi button.

Message 15 of 27

I have AP on the display and have connected my phone to the WWS wifi  but my laptop won't go into the 192.168.1.1 page.

Does my laptop have to be on the 2.4Ghz  band? I don't know what it's on so how do I check and change if need be please?

Told you guys I was a complete novice with this stuff!!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

When talking directly to the weather station your device needs to be on 2.4Ghz. You probably can't force your device to connect to a particular band. Turn off the the 5Ghz band on the hub temporarily to force your device onto 2.4Ghz.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

I'll give that a go when nobody else is around🤣🤣

How do I do this please?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Go to advanced wireless settings in the hub manager and toggle off 5Ghz wireless

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

👍when nobody else around using the wifi🤣

When I turn off the 5Ghz, will everything connected to it automatically switch to the 2.4Ghz and then back to %Ghz when I restore it?

Im on a learning curve🤔

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

Yes, to both

0 Ratings