cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 46

How to configure HG612 modem to connect to BT Broadband ?

Go to solution

I want to use my new Unify USG Router with my BT Broadband service by connecting a modem to the WAN port of the USG. I was advised in another post on this forum to get hold an HG612 modem which have done, and I have unlocked it by uploading some new firmware which enables the GUI web page.

Where I am now lost is how to configure the settings in the HG612 GUI so it connects to the internet. I found a diagnose option which when run says :

DSL Status The DSL is connected.
PPPoE status Obtaining the IP address of the PPPoE failed.  
Network Status Diagnosis is completed.

So it looks like I have do something so it gets an IP address. Anybody able to help ?

BTW my original BT Homehub connects ok. However it does not have a Bridge Mode option so hence the previous suggestion of using a HG612 Modem.

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46

Re: How to configure HG612 modem to connect to BT Broadband ?

Go to solution

username  bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 46

Go to solution

No changes should be needed from defaults, with the PPOE credentials @imjolly has given being provided by the router.

Message 4 of 46

Go to solution

First of all there was no need to unlock it unless you wish to access line stats. The hg612 can be used as either a modem or single port modem/ router. In default setting, it is just a modem and needs no settings changed. Hence the PPPoE session is handled by your router not the hg612.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

My unlocked HG612 is in a box somewhere just in case and I can't go dig it out now however I found a thread on competitor ISP forum  that may help confirm the config needed for the modem to operate in bridge mode only scroll to the solution quoted or for some reason we can't link search for "trouble getting HG612 + AC-RT68u setup working".

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution

A factory reset will simply restore it to its default settings of bridge mode with no further changes needed.

Message 7 of 46

Go to solution

Brill... I used the 'restore defaults' option in the GUI web page under maintenance, now I can't get in to it under the default IP 192.168.1.1. It also does not present the firmware update page after a power on 5s reset.

Could be its bricked now....

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 46

Go to solution

Press and hold the reset button for 10+ seconds and then release. This should restore the default config.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution

Sounds like you may have wiped the custom firmware. But as previously stated you don't need it to connect, it should connect by default once you add the logon credentials to the router.

Kitz is pretty much the bible for the HG612.

Message 10 of 46

Go to solution

How is possible to put the login credentials into the device if there is no web page or telnet option into the device. This seems to be the case with the default firmware I understand.

0 Ratings