BT Cloud ability to change Username and Password

BT Cloud ability to change Username and Password

It is an unacceptable security risk that BT Cloud uses the same Username and Password as your My BT.

BT Vault had a seperate Username and Password can we please have the same facility with BT Cloud.

4 Comments
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert

Two issues that have appeared recently  (August 2013):

1.  A user with two accounts registered under MyBT but with the ability only to have one BT Cloud.

2.  Changing your BT Id does not seem to get correctly reflected in BT Cloud. 

plymchris
Aspiring Expert

Good point. I actually like BT Cloud and tend to use it. I always found Digital Vault a bit cumbersome. Would be interested to know why Cloud cannot function with a seperate ID/password. 

vofsanity2
Recognised Expert

Another side effect of BT ID when we are transferred to BT Mail:

If we detect suspicious activity on your account that leads us to believe it may be compromised, we'll restrict access to your email address, the BT ID to which it is linked and any other email addresses contained within your BT ID.

TechnoHippy

I'm new to BT and one of the selling points for me was the free 50GB BT Cloud for online storage and access.

As I have now found [and would have known sooner if I'd bothered to research] it is littered with problems, errors and pitfalls:

1. Cannot upload a folder for storage without two-way syncing of that folder. (backup NOT storage)

2. Cannot create folder to move uploaded files to.

3. Cannot download a folder, you have to select individual files.

4. Can't find a way to sync between devices only from one device to the cloud.

Are either of these possible:

1. I want to upload personal photos/videos from any of my devices to a specified folder in the cloud and have them available offline on my PC. Only the pictures/videos from specified folder and not ALL uploaded photos/videos.

2. Sync a folder or several files between multiple devices for later offline use.

Finaly, where can I complain about the constant false advertising of BT or do I need to take it to a national regulatory body?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TH