BT UHD YouView box

0 Ratings

Hi,

Two things:

1) Will we ever be able to download catch up tv (iPlayer, itvHub etc) directly to the hard drive in the youview box as Sky he box does?

2) Are BT going to change the quite frankly terrible fast forward and rewind functions on the internet channels when recorded? Each press of the ff/rw button forwards or rewinds in increments of approximately one minute!

This makes it extremely difficult to pinpoint a part of a program, and also requires many consequetive button presses to forward say 2 hours into a football match.

Cheers Rob.

2 Comments
jam2000
Recognised Expert

The speed is fast enough on BT to able to watch iPlayer, ITV etc without the need to download. Why do you need to download for?

Sky do this as their speeds aren't so great so have to go down that route, also the disadvantage is that it will take up disc space too.

I agree with the fast forward on internet channels, but there is the option to move the progress bar to 2 hours or what ever time required.

Robertmchugo

Hi jam2000, how can I move the progress bar a substantial chunk without multiple pressing/press and holding.....skips 1-2 minutes at a time.

on my previous Humax box, I could indeed move the slider/progress bar using the direction keys (left and right), but that does not seem to work on this new UHD box?

Cheers, Rob.