Encrypted e-mails

I might be tempted to go paperless if you could send me my latest bill as an encrypted e-mail.

I don't want to go paperless for any of my suppliers as I get fed up of having to logon to a wide range of web sites just to find out what my latest bill is. It is much easier to wait for the post.

So offer your customers the ability to receive their bills as encrypted e-mails.

5 Comments
toekneem
Distinguished Guru

Hi Peter,

Can i ask, is there a reason why you need the bill an an encrypted email ?

john46
Distinguished Sage

I am not sure it would be practical, as you would have to have software on your pc to de crypt the email also emails can and do go missing, via a website is more secureand easy to operate. 

KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed
Thanks for the post and comments already. I'm interested to hear what others think? Is this something you would like to see, or are you happy to go online and view your bill via the My BT section on bt.com - www.bt.com/mybt
PeterT
Contributor

I get fed up of logging into websites to find out what my bill is. I would prefer them to sent it to me. Encryption makes the communication private, which why I assume that we have to log on in the first place.

I don't use the web email. My computer tells me if I have any e-mails when I log on to it and I can then open my email client to view them when I want to.

I believe that it is quite easy to set up encryption/decryption on the email client. We could then add our public key onto the BT site along with all the other personal information they ask for.

PeterT
Contributor

Also openPGP is installed on my computer by default.