cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording salvaging for the BT Vision Box in the event of crashing

Recording salvaging for the BT Vision Box in the event of crashing

0 Ratings

Hi

Although I couldn't see a post about this after a quick browse of the forums, I'd be surprised if this hasn't come up before so sorry for any duplication. But getting on the issue, I've had BT Vision for a couple of months now and one thing I've been particularly disappointed with is the lack of a feature that salvages recordings in the event of the box crashing. So if for example you have two programmes recording and crashing occurs part way through the recordings, when you come to restart the box you will find that all recording progress has been lost for both shows even if they are both near to ending!

Even though it's very annoying that the box crashes, I'd be significantly less frustrated if the box didn't wipe the entirely of a recording when it happens. I've been with another TV provider and their box is able to break a recording up in to a "pre-crash" recording and "post-crash" recording when crashing does occur, thus keeping most of the show. In fact it is able to do this multiple times to cope with multiple crashes during a recording and this box is actually a number of years old now, so I would expect a similar feature for the latest BT Vision Box.

Would BT be able to advise if there are any plans to implement any sort of protection against crashing when recording?