Smarter Spell Check

I'd like the spell checker not to point out the spelling mistakes in messages I'm quoting.

I'd also like the option to automatically spell check when posting as sometimes I forget, hit post and spot the mistake as it's posting!

7 Comments
DS
Distinguished Guru

+1

(A long post, full of mistakes, that we quote, can be a right pain when we want to check our own reply.....Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, gets boring after a while)

Eamdad
Aspiring Expert

Nearly every post i make i always edit because of spelling. It would be fab if it was turned on automatically!

reme8488
Aspiring Expert

Automatically having your posts spell checked prior to posting would be great.  Being able to either ignore quoted text or highlight the text that you would like spell checked would also be great.

KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed
Thanks for the suggestion and extra comments guys. Is the preferred option an auto spellcheck rather than having to accept/reject the suggestions? Thx Kerry
minusdot
Recognised Expert

An auto-spell check still prompts the user to correct the spelling mistakes, it basically should just be the same as pressing Spell Check currently except that it happens after you've pressed the Post button.

Bob1001
Expert

I don't want a spell checker I will make my own mistakes and I get fed up with spell checkers trying to reject English spellings and replace them with USA ones.

519jade
Beginner

Being able to ignore quoted text  - good idea

Auto check not so good Smiley Indifferent as often suggestions are not what was meant - would still like the option to ignore/reject suggestions Smiley Very Happy

After posting with smileys in I also notice spell check checks smileyindifferent and advises to replace with simple-mindedness! Ironic and very annoying!