cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up a thread just for IE11 email issues - PLEASE!

set up a thread just for IE11 email issues - PLEASE!

0 Ratings

If you look in the Broadband - Other Queries section, you'll see numerous threads about logging-in to email problems. Many are caused by IE11 issues.

Posters are either not bothering to search before starting a new thread or don't understand that that's what they should do.

Whatever the reason, we're ending up with too many separate threads about IE11. Will the moderators please start a new thread just for IE11 - a stickie perhaps? This will provide customers with a proper service from BT about what is clearly a real issue for us.

6 Comments
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage

Many people simply do not bother to do a search, even though its very simple to do.

This is an issue with most forums.

Yes, the threads could be merged, and I have done that in the past, however it usually results in complaints about continuity, and is quite time consuming to do.

Sticky thread usually relate to BT issues, and not individual software problems, as not everyone uses the same web browser.

Taffy078
Expert

thank you Keith. Is that why someone has removed all of my posts about this from other threads? Will whoever did be pm'ing me?

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage

Your multiple posts are awaiting moderation as they come under the category of spamming.

Any issues you have with IE, as best discussed on the main forum.

Taffy078
Expert

I have much respect for you Keith and will always be grateful for the help that you have given me but . . . . 

(1) If so many BT customers appear to be having email issues possibly related to IE11, shouldn't BT look into it. After all BT had/had it's own version ("BT user-friendly) of IE8 and I had lots of problems until I wass eventually able to replace it with the standard IE8. There are many examples in other forums showing how the big boys (such as Norton, Malwarebytes and others) work together with e.g. Firefox, Chrome to iron out bugs such as the ones that we might be seeing with BT & IE11.

(2) I'll be disappointed if my posts are seen as spamming - I was simply trying to pull together many BT customers having IE11. Still, if I am, I am, There's nothing that I can do and I'll just have to respect the Moderators decision.

Taffy078
Expert

I've just been pm'd by  the moderator involved. I tried to reply to ask him to read my rationale here but can't because (my XXXXX):

"The user XXXXX does not have Private Messages enabled. Note: The invalid login names have been removed from the "Send To" list."

But this is what the Guidlines says (my underlining):

Respect the moderators

Please do not discuss or argue with any moderator decisions, such as posts being deleted, threads being locked and users being warned or banned, on the forums. Posts of this nature will be deleted.  If you need to comment on a moderator action, please private message any administrator/moderator.

Could it be the moderators has simply switch it off for the weekend?

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage

Taffy, as I have said, this is the place for new ideas, no to canvass for votes. ISPs are primarily concerned with providing a connection from the Internet to their customers.

Most, including BT, have a chargeable helpline for technical support. Other support is provided by user forums like this one. This is also the way that many software companies operate.

Your issue is best discussed on the main forum, then you will see if anyone else if having any problems.