cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

TNT Sports “Ultimate”

Go to solution

I’m still yet to receive an answer to this from anyone but can anyone explain why we have to pay to access the 4K channel when the broadcasts are 1080p at best? Colours look terrible, the logo in the corner is extremely bright. @DarrenDev any explanation?

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: TNT Sports “Ultimate”

Go to solution
You don't have to pay to access the Ultimate channel - it's included as standard now, as long as you use the app.
If you're using the channel from the TV Guide then you need the HD add-on, which includes Ultimate if the broadband is fast enough. The broadcast on the Ultimate channel from the TV Guide is ALWAYS 4k.
Colours are subjective - especially when viewing the HDR channel. It also depends on the screen you're using.
The logo is required. It's been discussed on these forums for many years, and isn't going away.

Have I missed anything?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution

TNT Sport Ultimate is broadcast in UHD HDR with Dolby Atmos... Where are you getting this 1080p theory from? 

Also, 4K is a cinema resolution. Domestic displays are 3840 x 2160 as opposed to 4096 x 2160 for cinema resolution. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution

Hmmm I’m watching the 4K channel through the guide (465 to be exact) and I’m sorry but the resolution is not 4K. I have an Lg OLED and the picture is terrible. Although I have recordings of games when it was Bt sport ultimate and the difference in clarity compared to what we have now  is mind blowing. Even when watching on the app, the picture is grainy and poor. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution

Haha it’s supposed to be. Watch a game on ultimate and then watch a game on sky sports uhd and tell me there is not a huge difference in image sharpness.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution

I find that TNT Uliimate is a slightly better pixcture that Sky Sports UHD which is often upscaled.

I find the best source for Ultimate is the BTtv box.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution

I watch  BT (TNT)sport via the Discovery+ app and you often have a choice between HD or UHD. I also have a LG Oled TV and the UHD picture quality is just stunning.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution
Just to be clear - the video resolution being sent to the TV Box on channel 465 is always UHD (2160p). It isn't technically capable of being anything else - that stream will always be 2160p.
The source must also have been UHD - otherwise the event would only be shown on the HD channel.
TNT Sports don't always control the video source and video processing though, so it's possible that quality is being lost somewhere for some events. I can't comment on that. If you're saying that it's ALWAYS "1080p at best" though - that suggests something wrong with your setup.
Message 9 of 37

Go to solution

There is a consistent remarkable difference between TNT Sports Ultimate and 1080p.....aside from stating that it is a 2160p feed it is possible to see that the bitrate is so much higher....

I just booted up some channels to show a comparison of what the live throughput it, I can monitor this on the specific interface on the IGMP Proxy.

BBCHD 18.3Mbps
ITVHD 14.7Mbps
Channel4HD 14.7Mbps
TNT Sports 1 HD 18.3Mbps
Sky Sports Main Event HD 21.3Mbps
TNT Sports Ultimate HDR 57.6Mbps

I have a 65" LG C3 (OLED) and indeed HD is starting to look a little washy but there is a remarkable difference in the TNT Sports Ultimate which looks great, reflected by the extra throughput, in fact the Arsenal Porto game recently seemed to be punted out with an extra 10Mbps and it looked the best i'd ever seen. I dont notice any difference between using the Discovery Plus App on my Apple TV or the BT Pro box but I favour the box of the Apple TV due to the delay being slightly less.

Of course I assume these throughput levels can vary depending on whats on at what time I think...but thats what they are right now with whats on them at this moment.

I dont think this is a TNT Sports Ultimate problem....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution

This is where the confusion comes in. The main camera viewing the players isn’t 4K on my set. Maybe there’s something wrong with my box but it’s the same on both TVs I have and also on the discovery+ app. I’m not trying to be difficult or anything but just stating what my eyes are seeing! I have the 4K add on and everything. Hardwired into the hub (900mbps), LG C2 OLED. 

0 Ratings