cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

Interesting move, alway thought of BT TV neglected, the potential they have, whatever the name is great.

However it means tying in via contracts? Will await the developments with interest however I have Apple TV as my main streamer, poses a few stumbling blocks for our house but lets see what happens. 

Renewal is up soon, bound to get bundle offers I can then see what benefits I can have. Rugby is my main draw.

Message 22 of 215

Go to solution

The new TV proposition will give a lot more flexibility around stopping and starting subscriptions. 

I can't give too much away until full launch tomorrow - but will be around for Q&As throughout the day tomorrow. 

Message 23 of 215

Go to solution

Can we watch the launch anywhere ? 

Message 24 of 215

Go to solution
Confusing @NickBS that the media event yesterday said stuff would launch tomorrow (i.e. today), but ee.co.uk is now saying it'll launch 9am tomorrow.
Message 25 of 215

Go to solution

Yea - tomorrow will launch all the new props and nationwide ad campaigns @DarrenDev. But there have been some technology launches today I believe. 

No launch event as such @FC12 but keep and eye on ee.co.uk homepage and youtube channel for the new ads etc. 

I'll be posting some bits and bobs on the community as things go live and be around for questions also. 

Message 26 of 215

Go to solution

I was under the impression that everything was to move to EE & BT would become business only. Instead it appears that we're going to get yet another fudge, with both brands still offering broadband & maybe phone, but EE being the only one to offer "premium" options. This already appears to be live as I was looking for a neighbour yesterday. Despite him being on Sky with a 60mb connection, matching my Fibre 2, BT will now only offer the 35mb Essentials. Checking EE the equivalents of Fibre 1 & Fibre 2 are available to order.

In a move that beggars belief, ALL of the EE FTTC packages are now apparently called Essential. So you have 35mb Essential with BT or 35/50/60Mb Essential with EE. Given that the Oxford Dictionary records some 170,000 words in current use, surely they could have found another name!

More info on the merger/switch here.

Message 27 of 215

Go to solution

Many customers, especially those with just a phone, associate that with BT. To avoid confusing them, it makes sense for the BT brand to be retained. There are plenty of older customers who still just have a phone, and not broadband.

EE will be free to concentrate on Value Added Services like TV and streaming media.

Message 28 of 215

Go to solution

I read an article in The Times today (paywall so can’t share), that said next week they will start trying to tempt BT customers across to the new EE offering with a range of offers.

If my broadband deal and capability (Halo3+) stayed similar, but I can add an unlimited EE sim for £10 a month on a 31 day contract (as mentioned in a number of articles), I can probably be tempted personally.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 29 of 215

Go to solution

I’m with you . To be honest I’ll probably shift all my tv broadband to go with my mobile to EE if the price (and features) are right. 

Message 30 of 215

Go to solution

Yes I can see myself doing the same.