cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 215

Re: New EE launch -Transfer from BT to EE shouldn't be this difficult!

Go to solution

I have an EE mobile account and I do not like the sound of having two separate accounts if I move over to EE, broadband and TV. I think I will wait until they sort that issue out! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 192 of 215

Go to solution

I don't think that they're supposed to be a separate accounts it's just that the system isn't working as expected so they're setting up a new account for the broadband and trying to link them.

Message 193 of 215

Go to solution
Yeah seems the linking the 2 accounts into one is having issues, I expect I'd experience the same if I switched as I have an EE mobile account when I switched from O2 to EE to take advantage of the Halo 3 benefit of 30% off Sim Only plans on O2 so my mobile is with EE whilst my broadband, TV and Home Phone are with BT so I have an EE mobile account and a broadband etc account with BT
Message 194 of 215

Go to solution

@FC12  @Anonymous 

I think I saw a post the other day from a BT employee that stated that if you wish to retain use of BT email after migrating to EE, that can only be done through a BT account & not an EE one. That seems to imply that you will have to have two accounts.

As usual it seems that BT/EE are in Government mode. Stand on the rooftop & loudly proclaim a new policy to the world starting tomorrow, then set about wondering how to actually implement it...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 195 of 215

Go to solution

I'm not bothered by the BT email address really I have my own hosted email elsewhere.

Was more interested in the new router and satellite as they're WiFi6 so an upgrade on the very aged Smart Hub2.

(Vodafone's looking really inviting at the moment, cheaper and a Wi-Fi 6E system with mobile connectivity back-up)

Message 196 of 215

Re: New EE launch

Go to solution

My TV has turned blue with youview branding . BT is no more. Anyone else ? 

Message 197 of 215

Go to solution

@Anonymous  I made the switch to EE for the same reason - the new router - for the increased wifi - and I have to say - it's night and day! The Wifi and the internet is noticeably faster - I'm getting 61mb in bed now - before on the SH2 complete Wifi I got 15-20, it's staggering how much difference there is! 

Also, the downside - The router is work in progress - a few flaws - below are the main (to be fair and honest with my review)

1) For some reason the router kept kicking us off WIFI - all devices would be kicked off- attempt to rejoin and "This Password is Incorrect" - 15/20 mins later - it'll let you back on - but as you can imagine - this is less than ideal.

EE sent me a new router - which was worse - so I went back to the original and worked with EE Technical support to try to diagnose what was happening. It turned out to be the SMART WIFI Dish - my father in law had hardwired his pc into the back of it (unbeknown to anyone until I went room to room to figure out why it was happening) - which confused the hell out of both dish and router - Since I remedied that - it's been okay.

2) EE themselves admit their app isn't ready for the primetime - the app will tell you things aren't connected to your network when they are.

In all, it's worked out quite well - I have felt like a guinnea pig and the app is subpar - but the wifi gain and the speed gain is definitely well worth it.  

Also, another thing to note - half the EE staff aren't trained on New EE or the hardware - so try to figure it yourself before ringing in whilst they get sorted

Message 198 of 215

Go to solution

Very weird . As I said my TV yesterday Went all blue with you view branding and BT branding completely disappearing , and now this morning Suddenly it’s changed back to BT purple. What’s going on there? 

Message 199 of 215

Go to solution

Likely a glitch as they update stuff ready for BT TV to be rebranded to EE TV on the 6th of December 

Message 200 of 215

Go to solution

@Weerab1983wrote:

I think you jumped the gun a bit early to be honest when it was just new and the processes were just being rolled out?

I am going to stick with my existing BT Broadband deal as I am getting 500mb with BT for £35 with no phone option (my mobile suffices), and by the looks of it I can't see EE matching that.

As my BT TV will be migrating to EE TV on 6th December, I am in no rush till I see what their TV services are going to be like. 

To be fair, the BT webpage clearly stated that BT customers should call for their 'Exclusive New EE Offer', plus BT Customers (incl myself) also received Emails inviting them to call up and arrange the upgrade to the new service.
If the new service wasn't ready to be rolled out so existing BT (and some EE customers) can take advantage as per their advertising blurb then it shouldn't have been.....it is not the fault of the consumer.

It seems that companies are so keen on keeping things under wraps so they can have their big announcements with all the bells and whistles they do not give enough time to ensure the systems are in place, their staff are fully trained (that's a biggie!) or that their processes work.