cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

Given the BT online CS and the Telephone CS never appeared to know what "deals"  each other had, it's probably better to wait a while and let it all settle down, adding EE into that mix now will no doubt add to the confusion. Even the posts on the BT site are a bit confusing - it says to log in to my BT and look at "my offers" for "upgrade deals", but if you do do that it tells you as an existing customer you have to phone them. I'd wait a week or two for it to all bed down. 

Message 72 of 215

Go to solution

@SRB  I believe Youview currrently have software delivered based upon the model of Youview box. They  (Youview)  determine whether you have  a BT layout  or a  "retail" layout  based upon the ISP you connect the box to.  So effectively Youview presents to you all the apps and tv channels  (albeit that some would require seperate subscription) available to you  on your box with your ISP and aerial connection.

Message 73 of 215

Go to solution

@zulu17 I have noticed when my box updates (I am no longer a BT TV subscriber, though obviously have BT BB) it has the YouView vanilla s/w and layout then overnight the next day it will switch back to BT branded again. Same happens if any of the boxes in the house are reset for any reason, overnight the day after the reset they revert to BTTV again.

Message 74 of 215

Go to solution

@SRB Believe Youview normally checks/looks up  the ISP details once a day anyway so would change to the "correct" ISP badged  view then. Why they no longer appear to be doing that check at software update/reset time is a mystery.

Message 75 of 215

Go to solution

EE confirmed that if I moved from BT to EE, I'd lose the full fibre promise - and they quoted me £81 a month for the package I have now (they brand it as full works)

You get:

All Fibre 67 Essentials' speeds and benefits, plus

Smart WiFi Plus (Complete wifi replacement)

Smart Hybrid Connect (Broadband Backup replacement)

EE Cyber Security (This looks interesting but I believe it's Norton? I'm unsure if it's router side or if its just device side) 

Expert visit (Qube, which as many have pointed out - they are hit and miss) 

Unlimited Data on all mobiles (limited to 10mb download speed)

I feel that losing the upgrade promise should drop the price down rather than up it so much, but for some reason - they have decided to add a huge amount on per month. 

Message 76 of 215

Go to solution

Random one, do we get access to the BT WiFi hotspots with EE? I use these quite a lot for the kids tablets.

Message 77 of 215

Go to solution

Theyre being rebranded to EE Wi-Fi, so yes 

see here 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/09/bt-wi-fi-starts-promoting-future-uk-rebrand-to-ee-wifi...BTWi%2Dfi”.”

Message 78 of 215

Go to solution

Tried to work through it again this am and not impressed too much with the offerings, and an odd BT fibre 300(?) not seen that one before. EE seems they think I have a copper phone line and that is a stumbling block?

I would like to stay/switch EE but the offers need to be right. Now Openreach and another ISP have glass into my house, they will have to compete. Try again next week.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 79 of 215

Re: New EE launch

Go to solution

One thing to keep in mind, as it’s a ‘new contact’ apparently it’s a fresh credit check according to the person I spoke to earlier.

So if you’re looking to move over it will leave a footprint on your credit file. 

Message 80 of 215

Go to solution

@mirrors90 where were you told the unlimited data was limited to 10mb as it says "from 10mb" on the website, i believe the £10 sim is 10mb but others are available with faster speeds

"Add broadband to get unlimited data on all your current mobile plans charged at over £10 per month and unlock new unlimited data mobile SIMs from just £10 a month each for 10Mbps."