cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

@mirrors90wrote:

EE confirmed that if I moved from BT to EE, I'd lose the full fibre promise - and they quoted me £81 a month for the package I have now (they brand it as full works)

Let's work this through, I have Fibre 2 with Halo 3+, I got a similar quote to you, although no discounts have been offered yet for moving as an existing BT customer.

@mirrors90wrote:

You get:

All Fibre 67 Essentials' speeds and benefits, plus

Smart WiFi Plus (Complete wifi replacement)

Smart Hybrid Connect (Broadband Backup replacement)

BT Smart Hub 2 = EE Smart Hub Plus router

Complete WiFi Disc = Smart Wifi Plus

Hybrid Connect = Smart Hybrid Connect

So far, the only real world difference I can see for anyone on FTTC like me (apart from the casing), is that the EE Smart Hub Plus and Smart WiFi Plus both support WiFi 6, which is an upgrade over the BT Smart Hub 2.

According to the EE help pages the Smart Hybrid Connect is limited to exactly the same speeds as the BT version, up to 30 Mbps (download speed) and 5 Mbps (upload speed).

@mirrors90wrote:

EE Cyber Security (This looks interesting but I believe it's Norton? I'm unsure if it's router side or if its just device side) 

This appears to be exactly the same as the security that is included as standard with BT Broadband, with the addition of some sort of dark web/social media personal data and text message protection. 

It looks like it is both and requires an app to be installed for local device protection.

@mirrors90wrote:

Expert visit (Qube, which as many have pointed out - they are hit and miss) 

"Expert". Less said about this outfit the better, some good eggs but many are useless.

@mirrors90wrote:

Unlimited Data on all mobiles (limited to 10mb download speed)

I got excited about this until we found out about the speed cap. Needless to say you can get more than enough data on a SIM only monthly deal elsewhere, with much faster 5G speeds.

@mirrors90wrote:

...they quoted me £81

They quoted me £76.99 for allegedly the same package, so why isn't it the same price? Did you add Digital Voice PAYG or the WiFi Enhancer? Both are an extra £5 per month.

As I said earlier in the thread, these deals to make us move are going to have to be mind blowing, because there isn't £32 per month of extra value or important upgrades here for me. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 82 of 215

Go to solution

@garybs29wrote:

@mirrors90 where were you told the unlimited data was limited to 10mb as it says "from 10mb" on the website, i believe the £10 sim is 10mb but others are available with faster speeds

"Add broadband to get unlimited data on all your current mobile plans charged at over £10 per month and unlock new unlimited data mobile SIMs from just £10 a month each for 10Mbps."

That is correct, you can pay more to go faster but you can also buy a SIM from an MVNO using the same network with no speed cap, no price rise clause and 40 GB data for £10.

How much data do most people need?

The cheapest SIM only deal I have seen with unlimited data on the EE network (no contract or speed cap), is £18 per month. 

————————————————————-
Message 83 of 215

Go to solution

No mate , @stereohaven  - no additional! 

if you look per postcode the speed and price is different - I can only think it’s a system error - there’s no continuity or reason to their pricing. My dad was quoted £78.99 for the package at his postcode - it’s very confusing !

Message 84 of 215

Go to solution

That is so annoying @mirrors90! How can they charge different base prices for the same service?

I can understand different discounts but the standard "list" price should be more consistent.

————————————————————-
Message 85 of 215

Go to solution

I think the big selling point here is these sims are 30 day rolling ones not tied into contracts but then at times i wonder why i see things differently as it always seems to be down sides that are pointed out on here

Message 86 of 215

Go to solution

@stereohaven i have no idea ; but we’re only 24 hours in - I’d imagine there will be a few changes !

also, they did they will offer incentives to swap so let’s see 

Message 87 of 215

Go to solution

They have always been like this, the last time I recontracted, my wife on one phone line and myself on another, were quoted different prices for the same service within minutes of each other, meanwhile online was giving me a third price. There was absolutely no consistency within BT so can you imagine what it will be like now adding EE into the mix!

Message 88 of 215

Go to solution

@garybs29wrote:

I think the big selling point here is these sims are 30 day rolling ones not tied into contracts but then at times i wonder why i see things differently as it always seems to be down sides that are pointed out on here

30 day rolling contracts are the norm in the SIM only world, many operators offer them and at the end of the day, there are only 4 actual networks (EE, O2, Vodafone and Three), so every version of SIM connects to one of them.

I don't think it is overly negative to point out you can get similar for less, at the end of the day it's about helping each other to make informed decisions.

The speed cap may not be relevant to many and adding/managing an unlimited SIM in the same place as their broadband might be easier and more attractive than shopping around to see what else is available.

BT/EE (like most firms), love intransigence and low churn, they want customers that think "that is good enough for me" and can't be bothered to move. 

————————————————————-
Message 89 of 215

Go to solution

@SRBwrote:

There was absolutely no consistency within BT so can you imagine what it will be like now adding EE into the mix!

Agreed.

The narrative when this was first mooted was that EE would be consumer & BT would be solely business. That seems to have gone out of the window with both brands selling a variety of packages but at different price points. Even the latest notion where BT is suggested to be the "value" option appears to be nonsense with EE offering free delivery/activation for new customers & BT wanting £30.

If I get a quote from EE for Fibre 2 equivalent with PAYG phone as a new customer, it's £16pm more than I currently pay. If I give them my number first they just tell me to go away & talk to BT. The cynic might suspect nothing more than a smoke & mirrors exercise...

Message 90 of 215

Go to solution

@rbz5416wrote:

@SRBwrote:

There was absolutely no consistency within BT so can you imagine what it will be like now adding EE into the mix!

Agreed.

The narrative when this was first mooted was that EE would be consumer & BT would be solely business. That seems to have gone out of the window with both brands selling a variety of packages but at different price points. Even the latest notion where BT is suggested to be the "value" option appears to be nonsense with EE offering free delivery/activation for new customers & BT wanting £30…

+1

————————————————————-