cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 48

Re: BT and Sky affected by several issues

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that guys,

It sounds like an exchange issue. Once we get your details @Frogmodem we'll be able to check and confirm.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

All details should be with you now. Sorry for the delay.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution

No worries @Frogmodem . Leave it with us for now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution

Several BT users in the street have switched to a VPN and now have a decent connection.  This still needs sorting at BT  though as it is quite a serious problem.  I can get Gmail via my VPN (McAfee offers one as part of my subscription) and most other sites work well.  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution

Hi all

We are SE12, so assume are going through Grovepark exchange. Same issue has been going on around a week. Neighbours are on Sky and have same issue. Very annyoing as everything is fine tethering of our phones. Most things google are really slow or just don't download. Google chrome seems worst. Firefox works slightly better.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

I have a open reach engineer on route, he called for a quick update. He has told me talk talk use the same infrastructure as BT and sky. Is that correct as i was under the impression it was different?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution

BT and sky use the same infrastructure from the telephone exchange out to a customers premises, as mentioned it's the exchange equipment that is different. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

Ok thanks,

an observation i have made is that online streaming (netflix) and my kids online gaming seem to be ok.

the loading of websites is the main problem. I know BT are looking at the issue being backhaul congestion but any chance this could be a DNS issue?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution

I have tried some of the alternative DNS settings, including Google, and they didn't seem to have any effect.  

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

Open reach engineer attended, did some tests and told me everything was ok. I then asked for the issue to be escalated to 2nd line support. They looked into it and found that there is a problem with the Head End at the exchange. It has a fix date of July 31st. 

0 Ratings