cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre Installation

Go to solution

Hello

I've upgraded to BT full fibre 900 and the engineer is due next week to install. The only kit I've received in mail was the ethernet cable and nothing else. I already have the smart hub 2, therefore didn't need a router.

However I was expecting the Openreach modem to be sent as part of the kit for setup. I assume the the engineer will supply that on the day of installation?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre Installation

Go to solution

openreach/contractor will bring the modem/ONT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@imjolly Thanks. An Openreach engineer came last week to do external work to the house with the cabling up to the house. However he didn't provide modem/ONT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

the person who comes to connect your FIbre from box on outside wall to the inside ONT will bring ONT with him

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It seems your installation is two stage , so the cable from the CBT , depending on the area , in an underground jointbox , the top of a pole or occasionally a wall mounted block , to the CSP is done by the first stage engineer ( this is done not the contractual date , but before it ) so that when the 2nd stage engineer ( who as stated fits the ONT ) will not have , unless you place undue restrictions on it , any issues completing the install on the contractual date…..presumably there must have been a suspicion that your address may have been ‘tricky’ , hence the 2 stages, possibly a concern that the duct to the house was blocked ( if underground service ) or if built to the curtilage, a trench required across your garden , or if overhead perhaps a line of sight issue , like trees causing an obstruction 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@iniltous I did think that as the reason for 2 visits but once the first engineer installed the cabling up to the house he said the rest would be fine and installed on the 2nd visit.

0 Ratings