cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Full Fibre Installation

Having said that I've ordered Full Fibre, it's just occurred to me that I haven't had the confirmation email.  I ordered by using the Chat.  We went through everything, including the fact that my 700mins calling plan isn't available if I upgrade to Full Fibre, and that I'd need to go to Unlimited at £3 more a month (boo).  I agreed to everything, he said he'd go ahead and make the order and that I'd receive a confirmation in 24hrs.  He even gave me an installation date.  But nothing's arrived by email and I see no order if I log in to MyBT.  I have the char transcript.  Should I be concerned?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

As suspected the original order hadn't gone through, so I've had to do it all again.

Here's a question for you:

I'm upgrading to Full Fibre 100 with BT at no extra cost, so £37.99 a month.  Full Fibre 150 with EE is £29.99 a month.  What's going on here?  I find the whole BT/EE thing very confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

BT would prefer new and recontracting customers to join New EE rather than BT , price is for many  is the most important thing in deciding who to use , so it’s understandable that New EE will be cheaper.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Are there any downsides to switching to EE?  I've heard talk of poor connections - but the infrastructure is the same so who knows.  I have a few btinternet email addresses - can you keep them?  Calling plans? I have DV with BT at the moment, but having to move to Unlimited at £11 a month.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

When Mine was Installed, I wanted the Hub in the Hall where the Original  Master Socket was.  This involved running the internal Fibre around the inner door frame of the Utility cupboard and feeding it through the hole where the original Copper Cable went to the Master Socket.  I was lucky as the ONT supplied was the Nokia one (Shown in an earlier post) it has the same footprint as the Master Socket but much thinner, and the Engineer that fitted it happily removed the Old Master Socket and was able to hook the new ONT onto the wall utilising the same screws that had held the Master Socket so we were left with a very neat installation which is less cumbersome than the old one.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

All BT residential customers will be switched to EE sometime this year. BT will become a business provider only.

EE will become the residential provider.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Sure, but what does this mean in practice? Will we need new router/modes? My SH2 has BT emblazoned in the centre of it. Will we all lose our btinternet email addresses? Will we lose BT Cloud? etc.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

This must be a new thing - back in December BT was cheaper than EE. I got 300mbps for £37.99 including BT Complete WiFi with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Sure, but what does this mean in practice? Will we need new router/modes? My SH2 has BT emblazoned in the centre of it. Will we all lose our btinternet email addresses? Will we lose BT Cloud? etc.

Apparently we will keep the old email addresses but BT Cloud is on the way out.

The old kit will undoubtedly be kept until you upgrade to a service that needs better kit. Maybe they will send us stickers to place over the BT logos?! 🤭

0 Ratings