cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Full Fibre with Halo 3

I have had the Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3 product since April 2022 but have struggled to get the speeds I have been quoted. The hub is currently in my dining room and I'm getting speeds of 500mbps (which is still lower than the 700mbps I have been 'guaranteed')  but in my lounge which is 20 steps away with one dividing wall it drops to 50mbps.  I live in a very small bungalow and so have been very frustrated that this is an issue.  I have been visited today by an engineer who also struggled to understand why the dropout was so significant.  To cut a long story short he advised me to get a ?disc to improve the Wifi signal but on looking I can see there are 2 different discs; black and white one.  To answer my question could anyone please advise on which one to get and anything else I need to resolve my issue.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Full Fibre with Halo 3

It's a matter of choice.

The black discs work only with the SH2 hub and there is an extra monthly cost (Complete Wi-Fi).

The white discs work with any router and are a one-off purchase from many high street stores (WholeHome Wi-Fi) 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Full Fibre with Halo 3

@NikNurse66 The guaranteed speed does not apply to wifi.

You won't get full 900mb on WiFi unless you upgrade your router to at least WiFi 6 and your devices use WiFi 6 also. Though as you've got only a bungalow it shouldn't be too difficult to run some ethernet cable, which you can also connect to WiFi access points for better coverage.

0 Ratings