cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Openreach appointments

I've been without BBand for over a week now but aside from the 'ping pong' between BT and OR not knowing what's happening,  I'm frustrated in not being able to confirm OR engineer appointments.  I get a text from OR saying an engineer will visit on a date and time but i need to reply to their text with 'CONFIRM' but the mobile number it comes from won't accept a reply!!  So,  the OR engineer doesn't turn up!! Anyone else have the same problem?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Openreach appointments

What date did you report the fault?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

The fault was reported on 18 Oct and OR did visit on 19 Oct but their txt message wouldn't accept a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Should have said that i couldn't confirm other appointments since the 18th Oct; replies just show 'Sending Failed'
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The reply  number may be treated as a premium rate text, even though its not. If you have premium rate texts blocked on your mobile phone account, then the reply will not be sent.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I don't have premium rate texts blocked. That said, I doubt OR would use premium rate texts as i have exchanged messages with an OR engineer who came last Saturday without any problem and similarly had no problems exchanging them with BT.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Texts from BT/OR will use a short code number like a premium text. So although the text isn't chargeable, the "system"  doesn't know that until it's sent. As well as being enabled on your phone, you also need the ability to be billed for premium texts. So you need a spending cap above zero on your mobile account.

Texts exchanged with an engineer would just be from their company mobile.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The OR texted come from a normal looking mobile number:
0 Ratings