cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

broadband failure

Go to solution

i am feeling absolutely desperate. 15 days ago our broadband was taken out during a storm. There was a lightening strike that caused a power cut. the electricity came back within minutes but not the broadband. I sent a fault report in and for the last 15 days i keep getting messages saying "an engineer is coming tomorrow". I have called daily which can often take 40-50 minutes and each time they say "tomorrow". I never get any feedback as to whether an engineer has been out or not. The fault is external to our house. Finally yesterday i got an email saying an engineer needs to come in to the house and I AM NOT THERE!!!! I can easily tell them how to use a key safe to get in to the house but I can never actually speak to anyone . At the same time i got a message saying you need to switch the hub on and off.  I am so exasperated by the appalling quality of communication and mixed messages i am getting. when i speak to someone they just keep saying "it's not our fault, it is open reach". I think i am going to have to get a new service provider.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: broadband failure

Go to solution

Good morning @pip23

Welcome to the BT Community.

I am sorry for the broadband problems you've experienced following the recent storm in your area.  I appreciate the amount of time you've spent on the phone trying to get this sorted out.  We'll be able to pick up and help until you're up and running again.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: broadband failure

Go to solution

Hi @pip23 and thanks for sending over your details and for taking my calls.

I'm really glad to hear the connection problem is sorted. Please post again if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings