cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Account Closure

Go to solution

I have cancelled my broadband/ landline and paid a fee for early contract termination. However in my BT account it is still showing that I have a phone with the number commencing 0331. I don’t know what this relates to and I’ve never used it but it says I’ll receive my next bill in April. Does anyone know what this relates to and why it’s showing in my account? TIA 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Account Closure

Go to solution

@Lgp2018 

Its a virtual number that was associated with the old BT SmartTalk service which ceased many years ago. Its not a chargeable number, and in most cases those virtual numbers have been deleted from customer accounts. You should eventually receive a final bill.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you, that sounds right. I was just a bit concerned as the bill I’ve received is my final bill as everything else has now ended and I’ve paid my termination fee.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The "virtual" numbers were needed to allow the SmartTalk calls, which were associated with a customer`s mobile number, to be routed over the PSTN network. Apart from the initial field trials, they were never used as "live" numbers.

Some customers still have those numbers listed, but with no usage shown against them, so its nothing to be concerned about.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Lgp2018, sorry that your account is still open after you've left.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll get the account fully closed for you.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Lgp2018, thanks for getting in touch and I've closed the account now for you.

cheers

John

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your very efficient response and getting it sorted out for me  John

0 Ratings