cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: Halo

Go to solution

halo is definitely an add-on to any package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution

Thank you, to all who have kindly commented on my post yesterday regarding Halo.

And whilst I still hope to hear some positive news from NeilO, I would like to reiterate my problem with Halo, as I feel some replies - I think - are, like BT call centre staff, missing my point. So, to summarise:

1.Since February 2020, and therefore for three and a half years, I have been charged for Halo.

2.BT website https://www.bt.com/broadband/halo#!#result clearly states that: 

Halo isn't available where you live right now

3.My download and upload speeds correspond with Fibre 1 figures

4.BT website https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/deals shows that in my postcode area only Fibre Essential [£26.99] and Fibre 1 [£28.99] are available

So, in my opinion:

5.As Halo is not available in my area I should never have been moved onto it

6.I should not have been charged for it for three and a half years

7.It appears to me that instead I should have been left on Fibre 1 at the current price of £28.99

8.My current broadband bill is £61.76 a month

9.Therefore I should be able to change from Halo to Fibre 1 free of penalties, and

10.A refund for the overcharging should be credited to me

As I say above, I still hope for some positive news from NeilO, and thanks again to those who have taken the time to post. Many thanks.

Keith

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution

If halo wasn't available nobody would be able to offer you it, I think it's more likely a mistake on the website particulalry since choosing a random address from your postcode in the OP gives the following

garybs29_0-1693490681777.png

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

My postcode covers houses from number 1 to number 50. But there are only 45 homes in the postcode, due to a building quirk when the homes were built back in the 1970s.

9 properties: Numbers 2, 3, 10, 25, 34, 35, 36, 38 and 42 can get Essential, Fibre 1 and Fibre 2.

35 properties: Numbers 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16,17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 21A, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 37, 39, 40, 41, 43, 44, 47, 48, 49 and 50 can only get Essential and Fibre 1.

All the above taken from the BT website. But you are correct in what you say, but only for House Number 1!

All the above I have screen grabbed if you would like to see the results, taken in the last half hour, 31st August 2023.

I think the above actually supports my original post?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

There are two potential but entirely separate issues here.

Broadband package is currently billed for Fibre 2 & the fact that you receive an upload of 17Mb confirms that's what you're on. Fibre 1 is capped at 10Mb. So you need to establish if you can get a faster download. Check what the availability checker shows for you. Many BT customers were moved from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 at no cost historically. I was despite not being able (at the time) to get more that 40Mb. Fibre 2 also gave you BT Cloud storage. Only you know your history with BT & what extras you may have signed up to or been given as a free upgrade.

Halo is a "bolt on" range of options that have changed name over the years. Current offerings are Halo 3 & Halo 3 with Complete WiFi. Not sure if the latter is the same as Halo+ or if the names have changed again since you were put on it. The only element of Halo that you possibly "can't get" is the Stay Connected 4G Hub, if you have poor EE signal at home. Again that's something that could have changed since you took the package.

Hopefully the Mods can get to the bottom of the Halo issue but you can make a start on checking what download is available to you.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

What Halo version do you have ( or had )  ?

The current version Halo 3+ has replaced all the previous versions ( the others no longer available for sale but obviously many legacy users will still be on those versions ) , just because Halo 3+ isn’t available in a particular location ( which could be because the recorded mobile reception is poor and hence the ‘unbreakable’ hybrid connection on Halo 3+ would be of no use  ) wouldn’t be a concern with the earlier versions of Halo , so ( for example ) someone on an earlier version, upto and including Halo 3 , because they don’t have the hybrid connection as part of their Halo product , cannot use the lack of Halo3+ as proof that they shouldn’t have ever been offered any Halo in that location previously , the name may be similar but in several respects they are not alike.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

I am being billed for Fibre Halo 3+.

I too hope the Mods can help me, and get this sorted. 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

I checked the availabilty checker link you sent, thank you.

Not a clue what the result meant, but here is the bottom of the page. I took screen grabs of the whole page, but they are apparently too large to include here.

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

The top line in the table should tell you what FTTC speeds are available. Here's mine:

rbz5416_0-1693501067060.png

If you post yours, edit out your phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

@keithplympton 

Use the camera icon to upload your screen shot

photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings